Branston Pickle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm getting a little bit worried...the factory has had a fire and there may be a shortage. I do hope this isn't going to be problem, how will I make my nice seriously strong cheese and pickle sandwiches?!
    The co-op has run out! arghhhhhhhh
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Horray! One less evil thing from the planet...
  3. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Caroline, after mum heard about this, she went out and brought a few extra jars. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, shall we start the bidding at £1?????
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

They didn't have any jars but I managed to buy the last smallchunk squeezy bottle, something to keep me going (phew!)
  5. they were goin on ebay for 50 quid a jar ,
  6. katharine

katharine Member

Apparently they stir the pickle by hand at the factory because they are worried that if they use machinery it might affect the taste!
  7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

8. six pints

six pints Active Member

i eat asda own make version anyway cos im a poor student... hopefully theyll be ok to get hold of!
  9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... and you either love it or hate it. Me.... I love it:)
  11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Smallchunk??? What blasphemy is this? Good thing I have my stash of original safely in the cupboard...
  12. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

You will smile at this for a reply:

I like the smell of it:) but just do not like the taste of it:-(
  13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

small chunk is best, you don't get those random slimy or mushy bits...just lots of equal sized cubes of pickleness :)
  14. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

To put it simply... you're just wrong. The original with all it's quirks and uncertainty is still the king of pickles. To create this mundane small chunk variation (or worse, smooth...) is simply catering for those simple folk who cannot handle unpredictability in their lives...
  15. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

. . . and those who have the misfortune to wear dentures!

16. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Although I totally disagree with you on the value of small chunk pickle.... I do agree that the smooth is horrible, it's just plain strange....grainy and odd!