Brand New Website - Delph Whit Friday Contest

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by Mephi, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Mephi

Mephi Member

The famous Delph Whit Friday Contest have launched their brand new website today! It includes all the information you need about the contest, photographs from previous contests, history, results, links to Hotels and B&Bs in the area for anyone requiring accomodation, links to our sponsors such as York Instruments and a whole load more!

The most up to date info can be found on our News Pages, especially the important notices for bands wishing to compete at this year's contest.

Please visit us at www.delph-whit-friday.co.uk

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Delph
    Whit Friday Contest
    Brand New
    B&Bs
    York Instruments
  3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Very Nice, Except the first thing you see is a TRUMPET!

4. Mephi

Mephi Member

Yes, well spotted Mr Hallas! Must admit that your training has served you well! I'm going to put your 'put down' down to a joke? It better be, do you not realise that it is the BEST informed contest on the circuit!??! (Some people don't realise that we are the only contest run by banders for banders!) Course its a ****** trumpet!!

If this is how you're going to react to a minor instrument 'glitch' I daren't think what your reaction will be to the feature I've done about your photos (see Marlin Images) in our mag!!!!!!

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

well you can never have too may photos of yourself pulling bonkers faces! Everytime a brass photographer clicks me I seem to have my mouth open shouting at someone! Even the 4barsrest gallery from this yers area got me!!

It wasn't a serious critisism, I just thought i'd point out that you'd put a ****** trumpet on the front page. It's a good site. clean and informative. A good contest, although i'm sure you're not the only contest run by bandsmen.

there's a Mag? Where do i purchase such a thing?

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Stratch that last question, it's in big letters on the home page! Easily distracted by the ****** trumpet! ;)

7. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Very easy to use and simple. Surely it's the best Whits web there is. I reckon it's better than the actual Whit Friday website. Absolutely in awe of the photo section, apart from the fact my ugly mug is featured under Sellers Youth's section.

P.S Why is there a ****** trumpet?
    [​IMG]
    and i thought there was a tie from the C Crotchet to the C quaver in Hail Smiling Morn.

Not being pedantic am I?

8. Mephi

Mephi Member

When I finally get my hands on your little scrawny horn playing neck young mr bates, do you fancy translating Hail Smiling Morn onto a logo for 4barsrest to use????? I did that several years ago for the contest shirts/jumpers/fleeces etc. That wonderful logo has been hijacked by Delph Band and the training band as well, I should have bought a patent/copyright for it, may have been in pocket by at least £3!!!!

Yes, apart from a little involvement at Greenacres, we are the ONLY contest to have any banding advice/experience etc etc. That's why it's so spot on!! And do you think we would allow a trumpet on, the website designer did that and we thought that it would suffice! Very tempted to say, "And it's a ****** euphonium!"

9. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Ah, you meant at Whit Friday specificly. I have always been impressed by all the contests.

10. Masterblaster jnr

:cry: :cry: :frown:

I'm reporting you for Child abuse ;)

11. Mephi

Mephi Member

Haha!! Forgot that I might be robbing so many bands in Yorkshire of your multi tasking talents!!
    Isn't it amazing that the two people to comment on our website are both featured in the photos in our magazine??!! Yes you've got in there playing for Sellers Youth, Mr Bates!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Delph
    Whit Friday Contest
    Brand New
    B&Bs
    York Instruments
  13. Masterblaster jnr

Yep, look fat don't I :p

14. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Do I get a complimentary copy got starring? ;)

15. Mephi

Mephi Member

Afraid not Mr H! Only major sponsors get those! If you turn up on WF you'll get your chance to buy one or you could send a £2.50 payment to 30 Ainley Wood, Delph, Oldham. OL3 5HL and we'd gladly send you one!

16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Worth a try - I am Yorkshrie through and through!

17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Hmm nice site! Could've done without my ugly mug on it though :redface:

18. Frontman

Frontman Member

Great site for a great contest. Keep up the good work. Best wishes to Bob.

19. PowerRanger

PowerRanger Member

20. Mephi

Mephi Member

Just had a look at that, see what you mean about permission!!:clap: Answer will definitely be no!! Anyway you have to knock off at the telephone box as per the rules! Plus the village isn't wide enough and you may just end up in Dobcross by the time you've finished, robbing us of your contest march!

21. Mephi

Mephi Member

Very Important Requests About Coaches At Delph On The Website - Please Read! Ta;)

22. Mephi

Mephi Member

Just to announce that our full results for all 78 bands at Delph last friday will be posted on the website asap. (Would have been sooner - hampered by tech difficulties!)