Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by CarolineD, Nov 22, 2003.

1. CarolineD

CarolineD New Member

Sorry to bother you, but I'm having trouble finding anything that can help me. I recently heard a brass band march called Bramwyn by John R Carr. It was a really nice march and I'd like to know more about it. However, I can't seem to find anything on the net or anywhere else. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks

2. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Try Studio Music.

Bramwyn was published by Novello; Studio Music now distribute their publications.

It's a great march!

3. Grunt

Grunt New Member

If you can't deal with Studio Music directly, why not try band supplies? They are usually excellent at getting music - normally within a few days of you placing the order.
  4. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

Bramwyn is a great march and John dedicated it to two friends of his - Bramwell and Wyn.

John (Jack) was conductor of Cowpen and Croften Band until they disbanded in the late 1960's when he became conductor of Harton Colliery Band.

I was the Solo Euphonium player in Harton at that time.
  5. Active Member

6. eric

eric Member

Excellent march ! Highly recommended. Also try Glemdene by the same.
  7. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

That's what the adjudicator thought when we played it not so long ago........Was it at Troon? I remember being a little tipsy at the contest rehersal and I can't even remember the contest itself!

But, yes, it is a great March.