Bradford Band seeks players

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by SaxyLady, Oct 20, 2009.

1. SaxyLady

SaxyLady New Member

Dear All!
    I know that this is primarily a site for brass players and hope that you will forgive me posting an ad here for both a new MD and also brass players.

We are the Bradford Metropolitan Concert Band (brass, woodwind and percussion) and rehearse at Baildon Hall near Shipley, West Yorkshire on Thu 7.30-9.30pm and also Sun 10.00am-12noon. We competed at BASBWE this year and gained a silver award on our first attempt! The recent resignation of our MD means that we now have a vacancy for an enthusiastic individual to take us forward into the future. We would encourage applications from budding MD's, those studying music as well as more experienced MD's who would like a new challenge in leading a concert band.

Brass, woodwind or percussion player looking for a new challenge? Please contact us for further details as we have vacancies in all sections.

We're a friendly bunch of players of a very good standard and have a large library of music ranging from traditional concert pieces to more modern numbers. We have a busy concert schedule at both indoor and outdoor venues, and are well known in the local community and in our collaboration with local choirs too.

If you think you have what it takes or would like to know more, please get in touch either by posting on this thread, emailing me at: traceythorne@blueyonder.co.uk or by checking out our website: www.bradfordmetroband.co.uk

Many thanks for your time in reading this post and hope to hear from you soon!

2. SaxyLady

SaxyLady New Member

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my advert for an MD, in particular, and would like to thank those who contacted me via tMP. We have now appointed a brilliant and talented MD who will take our band into the future!
    Could I reiterate that we have vacancies for brass, woodwind and percussion players who would like the challenge and fun of playing in a concert band.....especially now that we have a new and dynamic MD!
    Many thanks, once again.

3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Congratulations on finding an MD so quickly!

I've altered the thread title to reflect this.