Brackley and District Brass Band, Midlands, First Section, Front row cornets, BBb Bas

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by stevetrom, Jul 8, 2004.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

Edit: Latest vacancies towards the end of the thread

Cos we are !

Brackley and District Band, Midlands 1st Section, enagagements this year include a trip to Germany and the Pontins Contest, are looking for a couple of players.

Trombone (Solo or 2nd) - solo please its killing me at the moment :cry:

Baritone

Horn - don't you just love it when a player just gives up playing out of the blue :evil:

Soprano - long standing player is going to have an operation in the Autumn and is not sure if/when he will return.

If anyone else is interested in joining a friendly and fun loving band or joining us on a trip to germany in october please get in touch with me by pm, email or mobile: 07713 415 712

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  2. stevetrom

Brackley & District Band - Vacancies

Brackley & District band (Midlands 1st Section) have a vacancy on solo trombone, anyone interested pm/email me or call me on 07713 415712.

3. stevetrom

Brackley & District Band

Brackley & District Band
    Midlands Area
    1st Section

Solo Trombone

Principal/Tutti Cornet

Players required for the Area contest and beyond. This year we are planning a trip to Germany and a recording.

We rehearse at our band room in Brackley - 8 miles from M40 Junction 11, 15 miles from M1 Junction 15A.

4. stevetrom

Band tour to Germany

I'm not sure if I am supposed to post here or in Recruitment Corner but I'm sure the mods will move the thread if it is in the wrong place :)

Brackley & District Band (Midlands, 1st Section) are going to Germany from 27th to 30th May this year and we still have room for players (especially cornets) and tourists (if you just fancy a long lazy weekend in Germany).

If anyone is interested please get in touch with me (pm, email, mob:07713 415712) or Helen Smith (the one doing all the hard work) email:helen.waygood@ntlworld.com mob:07973 167191)

The cost (including coach and hotel-half board) is £139 (I think, Helen will tell you if I am wrong)

PS

someone tried to pm me but my inbox was full, if it was you can you try again as I have emptied it now

Edit: Moved to Recruitment Forum as suggested ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2005
  5. stevetrom

Midlands Area, 1st Section

Brackley & District Band

Midlands Area, 1st Section

Required:
    First Section band based in Brackley, Nothants require good quality solo cornet, Eb/Bb bass (or trombone, we have players who may be able to move position) and tuned percussionist. Other players always welcome! Check out our website www.brackleyband.org.uk

Please contact Jason Glynn 07866 542278 or emailvar _u ="jason.glynn";var _d ="ntlworld.com";var _l = _u + "@" + _d;document.write(""+_l+""); jason.glynn@ntlworld.com

or pm me!

6. stevetrom

Brackley & District

Brackley & District
    [www.brackleyband.org.uk]

Required:
    First Section band based in Brackley, Northants require good quality solo cornet, Eb/Bb bass and tuned percussionist. Other players always welcome.

Please contact Jason Glynn 07845 580933 or emailvar _u ="jason.glynn";var _d ="ntlworld.com";var _l = _u + "@" + _d;document.write(""+_l+""); jason.glynn@ntlworld.com

7. stevetrom

Brackley & District Band

Brackley & District Band

Midlands Area

1st Section

Solo/Principal Cornet, Eb/Bb Bass, Tuned percussion.

Other players are always welcome, for more information email steve.anker@jensenuk.com, pm me or contact our conductor (Jason Glynn) jason.glynn@ntlworld.com.

8. stevetrom

Alan Morrison joins Brackley Band

But only for 1 night !

Despite the welcome additions of Tim & Sarah Cornelius (Solo Bariton & Solo Cornet), Terry Mayo (Flugel) and Charlie Gibbs (Eb bass) we are still looking for a few more players.

Required:
    First Section band based in Brackley, Northants require good quality solo cornet, Eb/Bb bass and tuned percussionist. Other players always welcome.

Please contact Jason Glynn 07845 580933 or emailvar _u ="jason.glynn";var _d ="ntlworld.com";var _l = _u + "@" + _d;document.write(""+_l+""); jason.glynn@ntlworld.com

We have also updated our website http://www.brackleyband.org.uk so why not have a look.

Or you could come and hear us play (with guest soloist Alan Morrison) on Friday 23rd September at Marlborough Road Methodist Church, Banbury, Oxon.

9. stevetrom

Brackley & District Band

Brackley & District Band

1st Section Midlands Area

2nd trombone, Bb/Eb Bass and percussionist/tuned percussionist. Other players always welcome.

Please contact Jason Glynn 07845 580933 or email Jason at jason.glynn@ntlworld.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  10. stevetrom

Basses and Cornets

Brackley & District Band
    Midlands 1st Section
    Basses (Eb or Bb)

also

'front row' cornet, tenor trom and percussion

contact me via email (steve.anker@jensenuk.com), pm or mobile 07713 415712

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    District Brass Band
    First Section
    Baritone Horn
    Midlands 1st Section
    Solo
  12. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Front Row Cornet Players required

Brackley and District band,1st sec, based in South Northants,Midlands Area, require Front row cornets, to join our friendly band, We rehearse in Our own Band Club room( with 3 bars),Mon 7-30 till 9-30 and Fri 7-45 till 9-45,situated near Brackley Market Square,Either Pm me or ring mobile 07774 653048, or log on our web site and contact Musical director Jason Glynn.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  13. stevetrom

ear plugs may be required as you will be sitting in the direct firing line of a very noisy, yorkshire sop player.

14. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Front row cornets required

Yes we still need front row cornets,pref in time for areas, the above should read, "" Quiet, shy, subtle, yorkshireman""

15. Steve

Steve Active Member

There is some great guys and gals at Brackley, and everyone on here will vouch for the old yorkshire man as a quality sop player. All cornet players know how much more enjoyable band is when you have a good sop blaring in your ear ;)

16. stevetrom

Percussion for Midlands 1st Section

Brackley have an (almost) full lineup sorted for the 1st Section Area but we are still looking for another percussion player (preferably tuned percussion).

We could still use another cornet/flugel player as well.

For further info. pm or email me (steve.anker@jensenuk.com) or phone me on 07713 415712 or our conductor Jason Glynn on 07845 580933.

17. stevetrom

Basses and Cornets

Brackley and District band (Midlands 1st Section)

http://www.brackleyband.org.uk/

we currently hace vacancies on bass (EEb or BBb) and cornet (Front row preferably)

we rehearse at the Band Club in Brackley (M40 Junction 10 - 10 minutes, M1 Junction 15 - 15 minutes) on mondays and fridays and have a drink in our own club bar after rehearsals !

If you want to play with a good standard band who have a great social time as well
    pm, email steve.anker@jensenuk.com or call me on 07713 415 712

or conatact our secretary (carole) on 07834 470 906

although we are currently looking for basses and cornets everyone is always welcome to come along for a blow and a beer (first one is on the band).

see you soon

18. stevetrom

Come and join us

Brackley (Midlands 1st Section) are currently looking to fill a few spaces ready for the next round of contests and concerts, in particular:-

Cornets (front or back row)
    2nd Trombone (make the best section in the band complete)
    Basses (EEb or BBb)

We are a friendly band and have a great time during (and after) rehearsals, we have our own band club complete with 3 bars and a rehearsal room.

Brackley is on the A43 with easy access to the M1 (Northampton) and the M40 (Banbury/Oxford) and with players already travelling from a number of locations lifts/car sharing can be arranged.

If anyone is interested (or just wants to come for a beer/blow) pm me, email steve.anker@tiscali.co.uk or call me on 07713 415 712.

19. jasonG

jasonG New Member

BBb Bass Player required.

The Brackley & District Band based in South Northants requires a BBb bass player to complete their line up for the 1st Section regional qualifying contest in March.

The band are in a strong position and will be pushing hard for promotion this year.

We have our own rehearsal facilities at the Brackley band club and three bars for after!!!

If this takes your fancy give Jason a call on 078777 21460

All bands people are always welcome.

20. stevetrom

Midlands, Musical Director

Brackley & District Band
    Midlands, 1st Section
    Musical Director

Due to work commitments, Brackley and District Band are looking for a new Musical Director who can take the band forward. This 1st section band rehearses on Mondays and Fridays at its own Band Club in Brackley. Potential applicants are invited to contact Eric Young in confidence, on 07901 511432 or at ericyoung@fsmail.net

21. stevetrom

Brackley & District, Midlands, 1st Section

Brackley & District Band
    [www.brackleyband.org.uk]

Required:
    To coincide with the appointment of our new MD, this 1st section band is looking for front/back row cornets. The band is currently working towards both competition and concert engagements. Other players also welcome to join this friendly band.

Visit contact details on our website or contact tim cornelius t.cornelius@tesco.net

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment policy, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    District Brass Band
    First Section
    Baritone Horn
    Midlands 1st Section
    Solo