Boxing Day Sales

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by brassneck, Dec 27, 2007.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Well, were you one of the record numbers that flocked to the shops for bargains? Did you find any? Apart from from another pair of jeans and a t-shirt, the only real bargain I got was The Broons/Our Wullie commemorative book for £1.99 in W.H. Smith.

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Nope! Stayed at home all day, helping the kids with their presents! And helping myself to the copious amounts of alcohol in the house.

3. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Snap! Good call Dyl!

4. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

And I went to the pub on boxing day so no bargains for me!

5. Robhibberd29

Now that sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me Nic!

6. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Oh yes, nothing better than a 'few' cold beverages and a chin-wag on boxing day!

I did go shopping today however and bought five 80's style tops for new years eve in Primark for 10p each!!! Now there's a bargain!!!!

7. Robhibberd29

Well you only need one wear outa those for 10p each don't you!
    I too have had one or two large uns the past few days, all bought on offer from morrisons!

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I was amazed... Jen (wife) and Lloyd (17 yr old son) were both up and out this morning at 04:30 en route to the Next sale which apparently commenced at 05:00..!!!:eek:

Mad I tell you... mad!

I did get some jeans and jumpers out of it though :biggrin:

9. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Same here. Why go shopping when you mop up the last of the Christmas Spirit! :p :biggrin:

10. :oops: OK! So I did it!

I went to a very well known Swedish store with a sale that started on Boxing Day, and bought 2 items of flat pack furniture that were NOT on sale.

:oops: Ooops!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Our Wullie
    The Broons
    W.H. Smith
    Boxing Day Sales
    shops
  12. Robhibberd29

You must use the force Obi Wan, use your feelings.....let the force flow through you!

13. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I went to homebase on boxing day and the only thing I needed was not in the sale! grrr (still bought it though)

14. Veri

Veri Member

I've bought 2 cardigans (I have to uphold my librarian image), a jumper, a sweater dress and a pair of jeans all in the Jane Norman concession in Debenhams on Boxing Day - about the only shop only in Oxford. My only opportunity for sales shopping as I was back to work on the 27th.

I also bought a new phone in the Orange shop as the volume control on mine went bust, but I haven't been able to get through to activate the new sim - luckily the old one seems to work, and I can now actually hear what people are saying to me (not always a good thing!)

I have no money left as I also had to pay for a plumber yesterday - he wasn't on sale :-(

15. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I was at home having my ribs crushed by my 2-year-old nephew, he decided it would be a good idea to jump up and down on my chest :tup

16. brassed_off

brassed_off Member

Me too! Sensible people. No traffic, less people than at 9am (seriously!) and all the good bargains in your size! :woo

17. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

lol!!! that's just one day, try working with the little darlings every day! I bet you would rather have gone to the sales!

18. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Aye, your right, I'm not ready for one of my own yet, I love the time he is at mine but I am always glad I get to give him back to my brother at the end of the day :tup