Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Griffin, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I've just got a new bow-tie, not an elastic-pre-made-type one, but one that you have to tie yourself. Thought it would look smarter than my scabby elastic-pre-made-type one. Problem is, I havn't got a clue how to tie the ****** thing! The instructions are useless, I have also looked on the net, to no avail!
    Can anyone help? Clear and concise instructions would be nice!!!

2. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Founf details on got to it from google straight away ;)
  3. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I have looked on the net. What I mean is that I can't make sense if the instructions!! maybe Im just a bit thick!!!
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

You need to look at these in the mirror!
  5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

That'll teach you to try and be clever!!
  6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

The only sensible way to learn how to do it is to have someone show you in real life. Preferrably someone of the opposite sex (or whichever sex takes your fancy) as it involves close physical proximity. Once learned this skill can be used as a ploy to get close physical proximity with other humans.

I realised EvilDaddyBadger was the one for me when I saw him tie his bow tie, immaculately, whilst running down the street to a job, after several pints in the college bar.

I am unable to tie a bow tie as EDB alwasy does it for me :)
  7. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

I'd recommend goin back to the fake ones lol
  8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

yup, clearly gold and black velcro fastened bow ties are the way to go...

Whenever I need one tying I either go and see my mum, or find a willing woman, all of whom seem able to tie bow-ties, even though they have relatively little use for such a skill...
  9. timbloke

timbloke Member

Must be a stannington thinggy. I did exactly the same a couple of months back and have never worn the stupid thing!!
  10. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Just stick to the elastic/velcro one's they're hell of alot easier!
  11. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

god i cant even put a elastic/velcro on right i always need to get someone to help me
  12. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I keep practicing with it on my leg. (my arm was hurting after about an hour!), got it looking something like it. More of a noose than bow-tie... Kep trying it though. I'll get it one day.
    I will not be defeated!!!

13. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

just borrow one!
  14. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

you should have got the person in the shop to show you how it was properlly done when you bought it. This place i went for my suit all the staff were trained o how to do bowties so it was real easy.
  15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Me neither. It also seems to be an excuse for random males to take me by the throat and attempt to strangle me, saying "your tie's not straight love". Guys, I've had better chat-up lines...