Bourgeois Tuba Concerto Recording

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Darth_Tuba, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Does anyone know of a CD recording of the Derek Bourgeois Tuba Concerto, either studio recorded or live? I bought the solo part yesterday and would like a recording to ease the pain of practicing it! I know it was written for Fletch, but I don't know if he ever did a recording of it.
  2. Active Member

Bourgeois Tuba Concerto

Chris, I haven't been able to find a listing for this from my usual sources.
    I have my doubts if anyone has attempted to record it.
    I remember reading an article about it years ago (probably by John Fletcher in Sounding Brass) and it sounded as if it was a bit of an epic at over 40 minutes long!
  3. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

It is over 40 mins I think. Having seen the part I can see why no one has got round to doing a recording... it would take a while! It's more like a symphony with tuba feature, and it's riddled with tricky time signatures. I was hoping there might be a live one knocking about somewhere though. Never mind! :)
  4. i thought phil from fodens did something with it not too long ago, but then again, im probably wrong
  5. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

Sorry Ben/Chris,
    this is one I haven't done. I've played the "Williams" but not this monster!

For a solo with band the Sparke is hard to beat (and play!!)

6. my bad, i see where i was goin wrong. uv got a sound clip of the Bourgeois Concerto for BAND on your link thing :?
  7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

you been boccing the band websites benny boy? :)
    p.s. i've got the first 5 tracks edited and on a cd.. il bring it at rehearsal next sunday.
  8. not boccing actually, jst a quickie on phils link
    wouldnt dream of lookin at other bands sites, iv got a reputation to keep up you kno...?!?! :wink: like my place in the halle youth orch! haha
  9. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

10. picju96

picju96 Member

I spy another innocent Beep in World of Brass's sig.
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Technical problems have now been resolved. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible :oops: