Bourgeois Tuba Concerto Recording

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Darth_Tuba, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Does anyone know of a CD recording of the Derek Bourgeois Tuba Concerto, either studio recorded or live? I bought the solo part yesterday and would like a recording to ease the pain of practicing it! I know it was written for Fletch, but I don't know if he ever did a recording of it.

2. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Bourgeois Tuba Concerto

Chris, I haven't been able to find a listing for this from my usual sources.
    I have my doubts if anyone has attempted to record it.
    I remember reading an article about it years ago (probably by John Fletcher in Sounding Brass) and it sounded as if it was a bit of an epic at over 40 minutes long!

3. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

It is over 40 mins I think. Having seen the part I can see why no one has got round to doing a recording... it would take a while! It's more like a symphony with tuba feature, and it's riddled with tricky time signatures. I was hoping there might be a live one knocking about somewhere though. Never mind! :)

4. i thought phil from fodens did something with it not too long ago, but then again, im probably wrong

5. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

Sorry Ben/Chris,
    this is one I haven't done. I've played the "Williams" but not this monster!

For a solo with band the Sparke is hard to beat (and play!!)

Phil.

6. my bad, i see where i was goin wrong. uv got a sound clip of the Bourgeois Concerto for BAND on your link thing :?

7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

you been boccing the band websites benny boy? :)
    p.s. i've got the first 5 tracks edited and on a cd.. il bring it at rehearsal next sunday.

8. not boccing actually, jst a quickie on phils link
    wouldnt dream of lookin at other bands sites, iv got a reputation to keep up you kno...?!?! :wink: like my place in the halle youth orch! haha

9. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

10. picju96

picju96 Member

I spy another innocent Beep in World of Brass's sig.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bourgeois Tuba Concerto Recording
    Fletch
    Derek Bourgeois Tuba Concerto
    CD recording
    Does
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Technical problems have now been resolved. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible :oops: