Bourgeois Concert for Brass Quintet - original version

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davetubaking, May 21, 2010.

1. davetubaking

davetubaking Member

Some of you may know the Bourgeois Concerto for Brass Quintet and Brass Band (and orchestral version). Before the concerto version it was originally written just as a brass quintet for the Phiip Jones Brass Quintet but they considered it too big/difficult a blow and never performed it hence the subsequent versions.

With Derek's permission I've now created a performance of the original version (and you really can understand why PJBE balked at it) which you can hear (in it's virtual world premier) here

This was created with Sibelius 6 and the Vienna Symphonic library and you can read a bit more about it on my WS.

Hope you enjoy it.
  2. davetubaking

davetubaking Member

Bourgeois Concerto for Brass Quintet - original version

The link has changed to HERE as the composer spotted two wrong notes (grrrr!).

Why can't I edit my own posts?:(
  3. davetubaking

davetubaking Member

Bump! - I know everyones excited about the Whit Friday marches but there might be room for a little Bourgeois between their Cossacks and their Knight Templars.
  4. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

A great composition and a great piece of work too - much rather listen to this than a load of marches..........
  5. davetubaking

davetubaking Member

Well gee! Thanks Mr Norman I sure does appreciate your kind remarks. There's one "March" you might like to listen to!