Boscastle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by John Brooks, Aug 17, 2004.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

On the heals of Hurricane Charley in Florida comes another example of the power of nature. As I watched the news last night the scenes were unbelievable and reminded me of the Lynton and Lynmouth tragedy years ago.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all in the path of such destructive forces.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Boscastle
    heals
    power
    nature
    path
  3. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

i have a few friends who live there, luckily they are ok. but i cant imagine having to clear up after the totaly destruction that happened there. and the bravery shown by the rescue services was amazing.

4. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Heard and saw the pictures on the news today... I was devasted...
    Prayers and thoughts go out to everyone in the area.

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Haven't seen any pictures of the devastation but have heard bits and pieces on the news. I can't begin to imagine how those people feel but we are thinking of them too.
    BMB

6. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Would like to say the same thing :D

7. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Ditto to everything above.

The TV pictures coming back from the area are horrific. Really makes you realise how powerful nature can be. Very humbling.

8. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

I visited Boscastle in June on my first trip to Cornwall and took loads of photos of the village and harbour because it was so attractive.

Strangely enough, on the way back north, I stopped for a night in Lynmouth and saw the photos of the floods in the 50s (?) and also the markers showing where the water level had reached, which I looked at in disbelief.

When I saw the footage of Boscastle on the news the other night, I was absolutely gobsmacked at the devestation caused in such a short space of time. The Lynmouth tradgedy was no longer unbelievable.

A massive well done to the rescue teams and my thoughts are with the people of Boscastle as they start the clear up process.