Borrowing rules - Pontins and Butlins

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by yorkshirepuddin, Aug 23, 2006.

1. I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but i need to ask!!

My current band aren't playing Pontins or Butlins but I want to go :mad: !!!
    Currently in 3rd Section, 4th from January.
    So....am I able to be borrowed for either contest, or will I have to transfer? And, if i transfer will I be able to play for my own band for Area? :confused:

A begging thread for a band to let me play will come depending on the answers i get!!!

Thanks in advance!:D

2. Deano

Deano Member

both contests allow borrowing, from the same section or below, so you would be able to play in any section.

If you transfered you would have to wait 6 months to transfer back to your original band, however, there seems to be a loop hole where you can have your registration cancelled and sign as a new player for a band upto 3 days before a contest.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  3. Thanks for that.

I'm glad i checked, seen as timbloke has given me the wrong information! Never trust a trombone player i say ;)

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I thought Butlins was borrow from your section ONLY?

Pontins has always been your section and below - the 4th section can borrow two players from the 3rd section, to make life a little easier on them!

5. Deano

Deano Member

That's what they say at Butlins, but last year when we were about to pull out because we couldn't get deps in from our section they allowed us to borrow from lower sections as long as the borrowed player's band were not competing.

6. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

I played at Pontins for a higher section band than my own band.And also at Butlins.As long as you have a letter from your band saying that they will allow you to play.
    CubbRep.

7. Rimshot

Rimshot New Member

Cancellations are also classed as transfers so you still couldn't sign back 4 your own band b4 6 months is up but you could cancel your card and sign 4 someone else also dont 4get that you are only allowed 2 transfers/cancellations within a 12 month period the first transfer/cancellation being the start of the 12 months

8. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I have the official Butlins entry form in front of me as we speak. There is a new rule this year, you are allowed to borrow up to 4 players from the same section or below