Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Brasstrom, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Brasstrom

Brasstrom New Member

Hardly played since christmas and think its about time I found a band again
    Anyone short of a trombone within travelling distance of nottingham ?
  2. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

Is Hull travelling distance?
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

Maybe if the recruitment area was used correctly we wouldnt need to ask these questions!!

Any more details on standard of band you are after, where you have played etc or what constitutes travelling distance would be most welcome Brasstrom
  4. Brasstrom

Brasstrom New Member

apologies Steve was a bit vague
    but at this point I just want a blow

played with Carlton Main Last year but changed job and struggled travelling

so standard, don't mind at the moment
    distance depends upon direction
    say within 45min journey time
  5. Chris Kirk

Chris Kirk Member

Contact Sharon at Long Eaton, they have just won the third section and may be looking for players. They are a very socialble lot and chilwell is very nearby.

6. bored trom

If you fancy a blow why not try Carlton Brass.Theres a couple of our members live in the Chillwell/Beeston area so transport shouldnt be a problem.

Visit for contact details.

maybe see you sometime
  7. postie

postie Member

if you fancy coming for a blow at Bestwood you are more than welcome.
  8. Bones

Bones Member

Derwent Brass, First section, Belper (Thorntons old bandroom) good friendly bunch of guys. Staffordshire, top section, sutton coldfield and Walsall. From Stapleford, it used to take me approx 35-40 to get to their rehearsals. PM me your number as well, I often get asked to do a lot of stuff, but I, like you get bogged down with work.

9. paddo

paddo Member

HI Fella,

Innovate Skelmanthorpe are in need of a trombone blower ;) we have a cracking team, good laugh and not too busy, pm me or you can give us call on 07966 503549, we are just off the M1 J39 near Scissett,

10. Hi,
    Kirkby Colliery Welfare Band are looking for a Solo trombone player.We are located at junction 27 of the M1. We are in the required travel distance. If intrested contact me on 07903571736

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  11. Brasstrom

Brasstrom New Member

Thanks Folks for all the offers/suggestions
    will make a few calls over the weekend for next week
    (and might be best to do some practice)