Bored? Here are some games.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Jan 4, 2004.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

2. Di

Di Active Member

What a blast from the past.! Cheers Dyl! Now you've made feel really old. :shock: :cry: Good to have a go on the old games again though without having to feed 20p into the machine every time. :)
  3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

wow really cool, as i missed tehse the first time around, its nice to be able to see what tsome of the older members were playing when they were young
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Interesting that you don't remember them first time round Craig and I do (myself being a much younger whippersnapper than you)...the memory going is the start of the slippery slope into old age i think :wink: :wink:

Pacman rules....back in the day on the commodore 64~ brilliant!
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Addicted to Hellicopter...... Addicted..... :evil:

Ben :wink:
  6. Di

Di Active Member

:x I've taken YOU of my Christmas card list!!! :evil:
  7. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Those bring back some memories but I have to ask, what type of frog is it that can't swim? Never understood that one as a kid, it often confused me :? Think I will ponder that over a drink or two at rehearsal tomorrow!! :guiness
  8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Old classic! It's amazing how time and technological progress changes ones views, though. I thought the original FIFA International Football was brilliant when it first came out. Utterly unplayable now! Even the better International Superstar Soccer on the SNES seems like a geriatric game now!

Still, who remembers Daley Thompson's Decathlon on the Spectrum? (This comes from someone who is easily old enough to remember Pong!)
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

You mean The Joystick Killer?
  10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

And a patience wearer! 7 minutes loading only to crash right at the end! (Like a few Speccy games!)
  11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

We had the crappiest version of the Hobbit ever in the world in space. One minute you were enjoying a nice chat with Elrond about runes, next minute you were in the Elven King's Dungeon in Mirkwood and a vicious warg was running around you howling. Occasionally Gandalf or Thorin turned up; Thorin got drunk and ended up shitting down shinging about gold. After exhausting the possibilities of the dungeon one was led to heroic deeds:
    >Hit Thorin with Ring
    >Thorin ignores you
    >Hit Thorin with warg
    >I cannot see the warg. A vicious warg runs around you howling
    >*"£%3& Thorin with bargepole
    >I do not understand *"£%3&
    >Hit Thorin with Gandalf
    >Gandalf slays you with his wand. You are dead. You have completed 2% of this adventure.
    Drivel, complete drivel.

My favourite was probably Rapscallion the Rogue which involved wandering round a castle either as a fly or a bird attempting to talk to the pixies and pick up pretty glittery rocks. Or maybe that was just overindulgence... :lol:
  12. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

where's Lunar Lander?
    Now that's addictive!
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

SIMON! ARRGGHGHGHGGHR! SIMON! I hated that %^&*(^$" game with a passion. I've just played it again and it's all come flooding back. HOw could you, you fiend in mortal shape! :evil:
    BMB sitting in a corner trembling gently and bleeping.
  14. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Another fairly normal evening then? :D
  15. HBB

HBB Active Member

he Got A Chrismas Card :shock: And I didn't! :cry: :cry:
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Actually, apart from family, I didn't write a single christmas card this year. :shock: Hope this doesn't make me sound a baaaad person, but at work they opted to collect for the "Pass the Parcel" charity instead of sending cards to each other and at band they collected for LOROS instead of cards. The kids sent some friends at school and for the first time ever, someone else in the family wrote the few cards to our close neighbours. So really, neither of you have been left out. There, does that make you feel better?
  17. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

JELLYWOPTER (or whatever it's called) EQUALS A CLASSIC, very addictive :p
  18. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

The hobbit was eay. You just had to tell gandalf to carry you.
    I liked the spectrum version of scrabble. You could type in any letters you liked. The computer than asked you if it was a real word and if you pressed y it just accepted it and gave you fantastic scores
  19. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I remember this too. Indeed's it's why dxrtezwy mxqqq zjjxqwrtybgmz yplzwq! (gzzmqj trpqjx!) :)
  20. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Anyone know any other good sites for games?
    Is that Hobbit one online?