Boozers, a question for the over 18's!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by StellaJohnson, Feb 16, 2009.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Just been to my local boozer for a pint or two. I pub I truly love.:tup
    So, Why does every local have an annoying person that won't get the hint and clear off?:biggrin:

Answers on a postcard please!!!!!
  2. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Probably lonely... We must show tolerance... :rolleyes:
  3. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Probably loneliness....maybe you should try actually engaging this 'annoying person' in a conversation?
  4. StellaJohnson

OOOO no!!

Noone wants to!!!:biggrin:

He walks into me and says, fancy bumping into you, when I'm in the middle of playing darts!!

He still ours me a tenner in the quiz saying the jam sung talkin japanese when it was the vapours!!

I've learnt what to do how, no eye contact!!!:D
  5. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

How would you feel if someone thought you were an 'annoying person'?
  6. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Perhaps Stella is the annoying person? :wink:
  7. StellaJohnson

No different!
  8. StellaJohnson

Caught me out mr chunkmeister!!:biggrin:
  9. Yup, we have an annoying person too. This has resulted in hiding from him by sitting round the corner - we're so bad! :lol:
  10. StellaJohnson

Theres another bloke who goes in another pub i go in. Tells quite alot of porkies, which gets a bit tedius a times. I end up going in the pool room out of the way!!
  11. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

It's obvious - he fancies you summat rotten, and can't bear to be parted from you....

It's fate, just accept that you haven't (yet) recognised your soulmate...

(How far do I need to run?....:oops:;) )
  12. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Being on a medication that does not allow me to drink (and for all the Salvationists out there) pubs in the US are often called "Sports Bars". Same kind of thing, except Americans drink lighter beer and have their beer cold -- ice cold.

I go in once-in-a-while for some wings, etc. But not often enough to know the crowd.

But even at church (I am working to finish the last of my requirements to become a Free Methodist pastor -- which BTW has its roots in the Church of England) there are annoying people that people will hide from. Most often retired pastors that were once important and now cannot stand it. I feel bad for them -- but since I have been to seminary, I engage them in conversation at times to make them feel important again.

Obnoxious people are usually lonely and have not learned great people skills. But they are everywhere, not just the pub!

13. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I'm of the mind that id they are just ignorant you should be tolerant and kind...

...but if they are stupid, ignore them or tell them to ****** off!
  14. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Too true, BOCing at band contests springs to mind.......
  15. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

We do too :p
    best of both worlds..

Pass the BOC anyone?
  16. StellaJohnson

The majority of British pubs serve tasteless fizzy p***
    My local serves real ale including ale from a local brewey in macclesfield which is absolute necter.
    They also serve a german lager on draught called Dortmunder, which isn't filled full of chemicals, detergent and toilet cleaner like the rest of the well known lagers in Britain.

Why can't we have nice lager like our friends in Europe???:mad:
  17. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Aren't most European lagers stronger than our fizzy pish (as my other half insists on calling it!)? Dunno if our drinking culture in the UK could cope with that ..... ??

Doesn't affect me at the mo as I am off beer and have been a for a few months now.
  18. StellaJohnson

Yes it is stronger, Dormunder at my local is 5% whereas carling is 3% ish (not sure) StellaArtois is also 5%ish.

I've found abroad and with Dortmunder, doesn't matter how much you drink, you don't feel hungover in the morning, and i'm convinced its because abroad they don't pump it full of chemicals and other rubbish..
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  19. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

20. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

If you don't know you probably are one ;)