Boosey & Co Eb bass tuba for sale!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by B.Portas, Feb 4, 2014.

1. B.Portas

B.Portas Member

I'm just putting feelers out at the moment, because I may have a new bass lined up, and will need to move quickly so that I have something to play on for the York production of Brassed Off, and for my band/uni work.

I own an old 4 valve fully compensating Boosey & Co Eb bass that I would have to get rid of in order to buy something else, and would come complete with Denis Wick 3 mouthpiece and knocked about Tom and Will gigbag (no backstraps though, I'm afraid).

Looking for offers around £600, it's in decent condition save for a few patches of usual wear, valves and slides are great and can provide pictures if you like. I would be hesitant to post, as there is no hardcase, but would be prepared to negotiate a price for me to meet you with it, via train, as I don't have a car.

Pickup from York, if you are interested, please get in touch.
  2. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Can you catch a train to Australia!! Shame, would be interested :p
  3. B.Portas

B.Portas Member

Bass is potentially sold, thanks :)
  4. B.Portas

B.Portas Member

Ok, the bass is probably not going anywhere for a while and I have permission from the person buying it, that if anyone wants it before they can afford it, they can.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
  5. Old Lad

Old Lad New Member

I am looking for just such a Bass. If £500 cash would buy it, then I would be happy to come over to York for it
    Regards, Old Lad.
    e mail me at
  6. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

If you are unable to complete this purchase I have a similar (but newer) Bass which could be yours for £500.
  7. B.Portas

B.Portas Member

Sorry, it's been sold a while - should have put that it was sold.