Boosey and Hawkes Sovereign Euphonium

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by brassfanatic, Nov 7, 2009.

1. brassfanatic

brassfanatic Member

I really want to find this particular model of euphonium, remember the ones with the round "globe" stamp in the bell - said to be the finest ever made. Superior to the more recently made sovereign euph's from besson.

So if anyone know of someone who has one, maybe upgrading, wants to sell it, please PLEASE let me know!!!! Preferably in silver plate.

Thanks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Boosey and Hawkes
    Hawkes Sovereign Euphonium
    bell
    globe
    stamp
  3. Eddy1234567

Eddy1234567 Member

i own a globe stamped soverign euph as well as the news soverign and prestige euphs made by besson (buffet crampon)
    have you tried the round stamps... because i really cannot say they are any better than the current soverigns being made by besson.
    all i adivse is try before ou buy, as they are made out to be better than they are in my opinoin.

4. brassfanatic

brassfanatic Member

Hi mate!

I'll buy the Round stamp sov from you - would you be willing to sell it?

Email me: graemeomeara@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers.

5. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Looks like there's easy money to be made there, Ed ;)

6. TenBassT

TenBassT New Member

7. agentorange

agentorange Member

Good advice Eddy, DEFINITELY try before you buy, you may find they're not as good as some would have you believe. Yes, the 'globes' have a nice tone and are built to last, but in my experience the tuning/intonation is horrendous! In my opinion you'd be better off with a newer euph.

Ask yourself why the top players don't use them - If they were so good then the pros would be playing them surely?

8. cshimmon

cshimmon Member

Actually I recently had a pro offer to buy mine- and he was offering a lot for it!

9. agentorange

agentorange Member

But would he use it as his regular instrument? I doubt it.