Bones Apart want your questions!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JTM, Mar 27, 2012.

1. JTM

JTM New Member

Bones Apart Trombone Quartet are heading to the US this week and we are hoping to make a small video en route answering some of the questions that people often ask us - so if anyone has any more then please ask away!!
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

What does the "T" stand for? :D
  3. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Dear Bones Apart

What is your favourite position?

4. JTM

JTM New Member

Will I will put that question on the list but won't guarantee that I will answer it unless the video comes after several glasses of something cold and white!
  5. JTM

JTM New Member

Bob if only we had a pound...........................
  6. euph77

euph77 Member

7. Tam O Shanter

Tam O Shanter Member

Theresa (7/4)
    Tracey (5/1)
    Titania (100/1)
    Tulip (200/1)
    Thomas (500/1)
  8. JTM

JTM New Member

I am quite liking the Tulip! Thinks it suits my personality :)
  9. JTM

JTM New Member

am such a lightweight it wouldn't surprise me!
  10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I was thinking it might be Trombone? ;)
  11. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

In a fight, who would win, Bones Apart, or Bella Tromba ? :)

Joking of course.. have a good trip.
  12. jezza23361

jezza23361 Member

I know the answer to the T question - don't forget Jayne is an Essex gal..........

13. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

It's very kind of you to offer but I wasn't going to charge you.

Sorry to be so predictable.

Just for the record, is it The Acrobat?

(either position or middle name !)

14. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

Semi-serious question: Apart from Lorna [obviously] playing bass, how do you decide who plays what? Drawing straws, or is it a case of racing to see who volunteers for the easy parts the fastest?
  15. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Do you play any pieces where you all sit down? Trombone playing and standing up seem to go hand in hand!
  16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Can you play any proper instruments, or just vuvuzelas .( sorry trombones).
  17. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I'll field that question, if I may? I've often asked that myself - I practice standing up, but work sitting down. Perhaps orchestral rehearsal rooms, concert halls, etc. have better chairs than I have at home? That's the only one I can come up with! I can testify that Bones often play sitting down as well, it just depends on the occasion.
  18. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

If you look closely enough, there might be a couple of euph players lurking in the quartet, but they keep it quiet (don't they Jayne ;-))
  19. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I have done some research on this, and the average trombone player will stand up for 68% of a rehearsal. I have seen, and heard this cause misery to horns an eupho/bari players on numerous occasions . You would appear to be in the minority so I shall accept your explanation that is based on your experience, rather than the other 1,000 or so Trombone players that I have seen and heard over the years.

Please let me know the next time you are performing in London, so that I can capture this momentus occasion for posterity. It will be something to tell the grandchildren in years to come :tongue:
  20. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Apparently not.