Bollywood Brass! - 28th February Blackburn

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by aimee_euph, Feb 23, 2004.

1. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

"The Bollywoods are working with top conductor Elgar Howarth and the Natonal Youth Brass Band on 'Brass Fusion', a project finishing with a gala performance at Bridgewater Hall in Manchester in May next year. With funding from 'Youth Music', we will be doing performances and workshops with local Youth Brass Bands in Rochdale and Blackburn, and with the National Youth Brass Band in Manchester. This performance will include the premiere of a piece by composer Errollyn Wallen, specially written for the NYBB and the Bollywood brass band."

This is quoted from their website, and St. Helens Youth and Stockport Schools and another youth band (not sure of their name) are performing in Blackburn as massed bands, it's a good laugh with their pieces as they don't sound 'brass band-ish' at all!!

I'll try and find out more information if people are interested as we're just being taken on a coach and i have no idea where the thing is...
  2. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

"28 February
    King George's Hall,
    Northgate, Blackburn

Box office 01254 582582

'Brass Fusion'
    Daytime workshops followed by joint evening concert by the BBB, St Helens Youth Brass Band and Stockport Schools Brass Band and Towneley High school Brass Band.
    On stage 7.30"

found this if people are interested!!
  3. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i hope to see some of ya there! coz im playing!!!