Bodmin Town Band vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by boagy, May 7, 2009.

1. boagy

boagy Member

Bodmin Town Band is pleased to announce that Mr. Graham Boag has accepted the post of Musical Director with immediate effect. The band would like to thank Mr. Huw Williams for his work with the band over the past eighteen months and wish him every success for the future with the Royal Marines Band Service.

From January 2010 the band will be in the Second Section but would like to gain promotion as quickly as possible back into the First section and beyond. The band is now looking to rebuild for that future and as such would welcome interest from any players looking for the challenge of playing at a higher level or getting back into banding again and being part of the renaissance of Bodmin Town Band. We are particularly keen to hear from:

Cornets
    Horns
    Basses

If you play any of these instruments and would like to come along for a rehearsal then please contact us at info@bodmintownband.com or telephone our MD Graham Boag on 07813 765199 or via PM

2. boagy

boagy Member

We are still looking for Bass players to come and join us.

We have a decent list of contests lined up including Butlins and the Areas.

All players welcome come and join 'the renaissance' of Bodmin Town Band.

Contact details as above.

3. boagy

boagy Member

Bodmin Town Band continue to grow from strength to strength and will be making our first contest appearance in two years on 5th September at Exmouth.

We would like to invite applications for the following key 'chairs' in the band:

Soprano Cornet
    Principal Euphonium
    Principal Trombone

PM me or give me a call on 07813 765199

cheers

Graham

4. boagy

boagy Member

S.o.s players needed

Bodmin Town Band need's you!!

We need players in all sections.

Any players who are stuck for something to do on a Tuesday night (7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.) please come along to the bandroom for a blow. We are looking to the future and would like you to join us in that journey. If you fancy playing Philip Harper's 'Kingdom of Dragons' at the West of England Areas next March then get in touch.

You will be sure of a warm and friendly welcome, we look forward to seeing you soon.

PM me or give me a call.

5. Gooner

Gooner New Member

You peeps looking for a bass trom?

6. boagy

boagy Member

Cornets needed

Following our very successful 'Open Rehearsal' on 13th July we would like to invite Cornet players to join the band. We have a nice shiny York cornet waiting for the right player, a fantastic music library, 2nd Section banding (with the desire to return to the higher echelons of the contest scene).

Go on you know you want to........

PM or call me on 07813 765199 or contact the Chairman Ryun Retallack on 07876 478653.

7. DaveBBb

DaveBBb Member

Wishing you every success in building the New Bodmin Town Band, from your friends at Thurcroft Welfare Band. (Resurgam -- Bodmin will rise again) DB.

8. livewirer

livewirer New Member

Hi everyone
    Congratulations to the band on being played on Aled Jones Good Morning Sunday on BBC Radio 2 on 25 July 2010 .
    This was came about as part of the weekly “Brassed Off" feature” which usually comes on at 6:15 - 6:25

I absolutely loved the piece of music choosen Somewhere Out There’, I found it very moving.

The playlist page is here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t5sgj

I do hope your heard it and it brought the band some useful publicity.
    Grateful thanks to you all from a Radio 2 listener. ;)