Bodmin Town Band "Open Rehearsal"

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by boagy, Jun 8, 2010.

1. boagy

boagy Member

Following the arson attack at our Bandroom in December last year, Bodmin Town Band are having an open rehearsal on Tuesday 29th June in The Public Rooms, Bodmin from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

We have a full set of York instruments (available to members), a replenished library, we have secured the Sun Life library, a new Bandroom will be built and we remain in the 2nd Section for 2011.

All players new and old are welcome to join us for this, the first rehearsal of the band since December. If you are looking for a band to play in, then we would be more than happy to see you on the 29th and at future rehearsals. These will be every Tuesday initially but will soon go to two rehearsals a week.

We have provisionally booked The Public Rooms, Bodmin for a re-launch concert on 9th October 2010 and look forward to providing the Town Council with it's Town Band on Remembrance Sunday and a Christmas concert (date TBC) as part of the rebuilding of the band up to full strength ahead of the Area Contest in March 2011.

Come and be part of the renaissance of the 'New' Bodmin Town Band.

Contact either Ryun Retallack, Chairman (07876 478653) or myself (via PM) if you intend to come along for a blow on the 29th and on into the future.

2. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

It's good to see such a positive response to what must have been a hugely challenging six months.

Very best wishes for the band's renaissance and rebuilding - resurgam indeed!

3. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

Hey Graham,thanks for the invite(via Facebook) good luck for the evening. Will try to make it
  4. Columbo

Columbo Member

Clever! Fantastic news. Well done to all concerned and the very best of luck. :clap:
  5. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

I was concerned to hear of Bodmin Town Band's woes, and I hoped you'd recover successfully (my mum's from Tredavoe originally, and I had/have relatives in Penzance, St Just, Helston and surrounding areas...)

Nice to know you're getting it together again, but I'm afraid your open rehearsal is maybe a bit out of the way for me... ;)

Best of luck for the future :clap:
  6. Martin

Martin Member

Congratuations and well done for keeping such a famous name in banding going. :clap:

Good luck for the future. :tup
  7. boagy

boagy Member

Date change

The 'Open Rehearsal' will now take place on:

13th July in The Public Rooms, Bodmin.

and the October concert is now booked for:

16th October in The Public Rooms, Bodmin.

We hope to see you all soon.