Bobble Hats...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by BrianT, Aug 20, 2007.

1. BrianT

BrianT Member

I've heard that members of the public who are keen motor racing enthusiasts are sometimes known as "Bobble Hats" by the people who actually work in motor racing. Is there a banding equivalent of the Bobble Hat?

2. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Pension books?

3. Bungle

Bungle Member

Sweet paper rustlers

4. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

band geek?? ahahaha

5. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

as in, someone who is interested in brass bands but doesn't actually play?

"Bando's" maybe?

6. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

Groupies! hahaha
    Or perhaps FOBBs - Friends of Brass Bands.

7. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

If it's a band with younger members we normally find these people to be.............parents! Ever done a gig with a "junior band" that play the first half or so then you have a break then the "senior band" takes over?
    All the audience disappears at half time!

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ah! That's why you're supposed to organise a couple of massed band numbers at the end of the concert ;)

9. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

That's what we did, We did a massed Slaidburn, I stood up to let the second trombones sit together (There were four, I was the only first trombone :confused:)
    So my stand fell over and I had to play the march from memory :biggrin:

10. Robhibberd29

That's what I like to hear, fellow bone player with all the odds stacked up against us, aint it always the case!!
    I remember the first concert I ever did.It was at school and my parents were there to watch.I caught the music stand which, unfortunately, brought everyone else's crashing down like dominoes.Very embarrassing! It's a wonder it didn't put me off ever playing again.I bet there's plenty wishes it had!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bobble Hat
    motor racing
    motor racing enthusiasts
    Bobble Hats
    public
  12. Robhibberd29

Did this on tour in Germany many years ago, we did a rendition of 76 trombones and it wasn't far from the truth! other problem was they played in F so had to transpose, yikes.

13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Yeah, like there's a bander in the country who can't play Slaidburn from memory...:rolleyes:
    BMB
    xx

14. Robhibberd29

Or any bone player with any Frank Baernarts piece he he

15. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

True, I was quite proud at the time, I had only been in a band for 4 months and I had never played Slaidburn before I joined the band so it was a milestone for me lol!