Boarshurst training band need you help.

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Frontman, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Frontman

Frontman Member

The Boarshurst Silver Band are very pleased and excited to announce the formation of a training band. Saddleworth youngsters between 6 and 10 are being encouraged to come down and have a go at playing a brass instrument.

This measure has proved very popular and at present over 20 youngsters have taken sufficient interest and are learning to play.

There are several others youngsters who are very interested but unfortunately the supply of instruments has run out.

I therefore ask for the help of the Brass Band Movement to come to our aid and assist us.

I am therefore respectfully requesting your help to search through your bandrooms to find and donate any instrument in any condition as we have several peple who are willing to sort the repairs.

We also desperately in need of mouthpieces as well.

The tuition is being lead by Linda Finan who conducted the Boarshurst Youth Band for several years and finished several months prior to its dimise

Please help to support these children.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  2. Frontman

Frontman Member

We have received several enquiries but nothing positive as yet.

Please help us do our bit to attract new players to the North West.

Boarshurst Training Band need you help.

The Boarshurst Silver Band are very pleased and excited to announce the formation of a training band. Saddleworth youngsters between 6 and 10 are being encouraged to come down and have a go at playing a brass instrument.

This measure has proved very popular and at present over 20 youngsters have taken sufficient interest and are learning to play.

There are several others youngsters who are very interested but unfortunately the supply of instruments has run out.

I therefore ask for the help of the Brass Band Movement to come to our aid and assist us.

I am therefore respectfully requesting your help to search through your bandrooms to find and donate any instrument in any condition as we have several peple who are willing to sort the repairs.

We also desperately in need of mouthpieces as well.

The tuition is being lead by Linda Finan who conducted the Boarshurst Youth Band for several years and finished several months prior to its dimise

Please help to support these children.