BMP Europe Goodshaw Band.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Frontman, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Frontman

Frontman Member

A bit late in the day but here goes.
    Unfortunately, Mark Edwards broke his arm in 3 places last night and as a result I am one front row cornet player down for the NW Area Contest.
    The band is in the 3rd section and desperately needs your help to find a replacement. Can anyone assist please.
    Contact Dave Ashworth at ashwortd@aol.com or phone 07785 257129.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    BMP
    bit
    Europe Goodshaw Band
    cornet player
    Dave Ashworth
  3. Frontman

Frontman Member

Thank you for all your help. The position has been filled by a tMp member, who will be travelling from Wiltshire for the rehearsals and contest.

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

tMP to the rescue again! Glad to hear you're all sorted! Good luck in your contest.

5. Frontman

Frontman Member

Many thanks for that.

6. Moy

Moy Active Member

If that happened in Scotland we would have to get a docotors medical line.
    Then we only get to use a player from the band that plays immediately before us.
    Remember my first contest conducting Turriff Silver the poor lass on solo horn had to play twice and she hated the piece.

7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Don't forget that by using the new Registration Verification Form you can now sign new players within a few days of the contest whose registration application was not processed by the Registery in time to appear on the Registration Report issued for use at the contest.
    Although a doctors/medical report (from the missing player) still has to be presented to the Contest Committee at the draw if you wish to borrow a player from another band on the day of the contest.

:wink:

8. Moy

Moy Active Member

Need to ask if the rules have changed in Scotland.
    We did have our own rules.....thats when I was a band secretary/manager many moons ago. :wink:

9. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Believe there was an attempt (?) to standardise. Certainly happened with some contests in Cornwall which were still using signature forms!! :roll: