Blood Type

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Lisa, Dec 6, 2005.

?

What is your blood type?

1. O +

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. O -

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. A +

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  4. A -

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. B +

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. B -

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. AB +

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  8. AB -

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Don't know, but maybe I'll find out!

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  10. Don't know, and don't care!

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. Lisa

Lisa Member

I'm B+
    I was very excited to find out my blood type as I have wondered for a long time! I don't particularly know why I wondered so much…it's not like the knowledge is of great use to me!

So anyway, I was wondering what blood type other people are…again I don't know why I want to know as the information is of completely no use to me!

I share my B+ blood with about 8% of the UK population:

37% are O+
    35% are A+
    8% are B+
    7% are O-
    7% are A-
    3% are AB+
    2% are B-
    1% are AB-

Gorillas have mostly blood type B too so maybe I am a descendent of a gorilla! Chimpanzees are mainly blood type A so if you are blood type A then maybe you are like a Chimpanzee?

Apparently Japanese people believe blood-type is related to personality and it is as common to ask someone their blood-type as it is to ask their star sign…there are even 'horoscope-style' readings in magazines based on your blood type. If someone were to avoid telling you their blood type it would be thought to be very suspicious!

A load of rubbish I'm sure, but here are the blood-type personalities:
    Type 0
    You want to be a leader, and when you see something you want, you keep striving until you achieve your goal. You are a trend-setter, loyal, passionate, and self-confident. Your weaknesses include vanity and jealously and a tendency to be too competitive.
    Type A
    You like harmony, peace and organization. You work well with others, and are sensitive, patient and affectionate. Among your weaknesses are stubbornness and an inability to relax.
    Type B
    You're a rugged individualist, who's straight forward and like to do things your own way. Creative and flexible, you adapt easily to any situation. But your insistence on being independent can sometimes go too far and become a weakness.
    Type AB
    Cool and controlled, you're generally well liked and always put people at ease. You're a natural entertainer who's tactful and fair. But you're standoffish, blunt, and have difficulty making decisions.

So I was wondering if there is a blood type prevalent in brass bandy people?!!

Please vote to let me know! :)

(By the way I don't seriously believe that there is any link between blood type and being a brass bander! I just thought it would be be fun to find out what everyone is and satisfy one of my strange curiosities!)

2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'm A + if you want my blood!!

3. six pints

six pints Active Member

im just a common O+. i always wanted to be something cool and quirky, like B-, but alas it is not meant to be.

4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

how do you find out???

5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I'm A-

And reading the description, I would say that that is me. Eerie or what.:confused:

6. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

get your blood tested!

I'm O-...

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Everybody (who can be) should be a Blood Donor! You never know when you might want some back. ;)

A silly Blood Doning story. I was driving an Area Car round the streets of North London one morning, when a call came over the radio from Scotland Yard. They were asking that anyone with Blood group AB- attend Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, as a young child was having emergency surgery and they didn't have enough blood! I'm an O+, Martin my radio operator, that day was also an O+ but our Observer said quite calmly, "That's my blood group, but I don't give blood". Martin and I looked at each other. I nodded and Martin picked up the radio handset and said "MP from Golf 4 we are attending with one donor!" I turned on the lights and siren and drove like a demon, even along the pavement down Oxford Street due to the Traffic. The whole trip Mark the Observer, was shouting "I don't give blood!" On arrival we carried him in and held him down while he DID give blood!
    The little girl lived. ;)

8. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

How???

9. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

My lovely blood donor card says I'm A+

Woo!

10. Key2207

Key2207 Member

I believe i'm B- and i seem to be the only one at the moment :cry:

lol

I'd say I am more like the description of type O ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    blood type A
    descendent
    Blood Type.
    blood-type
    blood type
  12. Steve

Steve Active Member

Ipa-

13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I am A+, something never seen on my school reports!

14. vonny

vonny Member

Hey Key guess what - I'm B- to:biggrin:

15. gawber

gawber Active Member

Become a blood donor!!

www.blood.co.uk

If you're aged between 17-59 there's a good chance they'll want your blood.

My 17 year old son is going to donate tomorrow for the first time.
    :clap:

16. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

You can have my blood whenever you need it then!

17. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Likewise Miss Twigge! Its the time for giving!

18. vonny

vonny Member

I'm going to sign my two youngest up for blood doning when they are older as they have a rare blood type, AB-. Apparently from what i have read people who are AB- can only accept AB- blood, but AB- blood can be given to people of any other blood group.

19. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I believe that to be the case. My Uncle is of that blood group and I know they are always keen to receive donations from thet group as it is useful for all recipients.

20. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I'm AB+ and I always understood that I could receive any blood group regardless of Rhesus type. I am fairly sure your two AB- kids could receive any blood group except Rhesus positive.

Its all to do with Antigens. A person with AB have antigens that do not produce antibodies against either A or B so can accept any type.
    People with A produce anti bodies against B so can't receive it and likewise people with B cant receive A.
    People With O cannot receive anything other than O as their immune system antigens will produce antibodies against A and B. Luckily Most people are O so there is plenty to go round.

However although AB people can accept anything and can't give it to anyone, the blood donation service still like to have the rare types just as much as the commoner ones. Blood is not just used for straight transfusions. There are many other blood products produced and research for drugs etc where the rarer forms are vital.

21. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

im o- and proud.. next blood giving session is on 2oth december, jus in time to make room for the alcohol i am going to put in my bloodstream over xmas... and as the boots motto is this xmas.. *giving is good* ;)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    blood type A
    descendent
    Blood Type.
    blood-type
    blood type