Blocked at Work?

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by DublinBass, Oct 7, 2004.

Are you blocked from getting on tMP at work?

1. Yes, I am blocked

5 vote(s)
  2. No, I surf tMP all day

27 vote(s)
  3. I don't know. I would never spend time at work on personal business.

2 vote(s)
  1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

tMP has been blocked at the school I now teach at. Today, for the first time I was able to get on (as I think the unblocked most things when I complained about not getting my webmail). How many of you are blocked at work?

John -

Is there any way for the poor souls who are blocked to get on anyways (even just to read posts?)

P.S. If this is in the wrong category, feel free to move it.
  2. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

It;s my company, so tMP all day for me :-D
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

I don't think the blocks got the problem with the MySQL or PHP, just the site en général.
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yes Pat

Last edited: Oct 7, 2004
  6. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I can't vote - I go on tMP at lunchtimes (we're allowed 15 mins a day of personal web surfing apparently), so I'm not on all day, but I don't avoid it totally... sorry!

(There's always one isn't there?)

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

8. Lil Miss

Lil Miss Active Member

i can access the website and view sum pages, but i can't reply to any threads...:-(
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

As folk would probably have realised, I can usually access tMP throghout the day - although i have to leave it to do some work every now and then :oops:
  10. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Depending on which Surf block they are using, sometimes you can go into a web site by searching on Google and then opting for the cached version. This will bypass some blockers and allow you entry, as long as google isn't blocked :wink: Unlike at my old office where they blocked, but allowed, as the second "did not search the whole of the internet" WTF? Soon got that put back on LOL
  11. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Could somebody put an additional option on the poll:

I don't know. I would never spend time at work.
  12. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I would do if I could get internet access in my van!
  13. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I don't have full access to the internet at work - only the bosses have it!!! However I can access internet site such as BT directory and a few Government related websites as I work for a Local Authority!!
  14. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Finally got full Internet access about 3 weeks ago so I do have a bit of a surf during my lunch hour. Always seems a bit slow at work, but I get there in the end :)
  15. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi just joined this happy network of crazy musicians, so just feeling my way around, so to speak. would love to be on line all day but occaisionally i have to work, :-D

But Happiness is a top D on sop, and been trying for 30years!!! any suggestions:-(
  16. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

All the joys of not having a "proper" job :lol: :lol:

17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

tMP isn't blocked at work so I can surf all day if I want to. I try my best to stay off it but it can be just too addictive at times....

I don't really know what our company policy is on personal surfing - we all have net access and are free to use it for whatever we want at luchtime (during "working" hours its a different matter) I dunno if it'd ever get blocked to be honest - the company policy seems to be to have the slowest network imaginable to stop people using the net! :rolleyes: