Bleinheim Gardens Minehead: Can I play too?

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by Rapier, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Any bands that are playing in Blenheim Gardens, Minehead next Summer, have room for an extra Horn or Cornet? If so , gives us a shout or I'll sit in the audience and heckle! :icon_cool:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Minehead
    Horn
    icon_cool
    Bleinheim Gardens Minehead
    Blenheim Gardens
  3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Your a bit organised aren't you? :tongue: I expect we'll be playing there again at some point during the summer, but we don't have anything past new year on the wall yet!

P.S. you do know that if you play, mother will come and sit next too me again don't you? :tongue:

4. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I could play cornet and then I would sit next to you. Which would be nice for you. ;)

5. meandmycornet

ermmmm I think I'm working that weekend.....

6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

For any bands that are interested. The council have, at last, appointed someone to organise the bookings, so dates are now available.

7. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Any idea how much they pay?
    Ian
    Soundhouse Brass.
    Devon.

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Around £130-150, I think. I'll check with the Band sec tonight. You can do a morning, afternoon or both (Sundays). Nice Bandstand in a small park.

9. meandmycornet

Its lovely at Blenheim! and they do nice ice cream in Minehead!! The Bandstand is lovely and sheltered and you get a packed audience on a dry day! We did quite well there last year! :D definately worth doing!

10. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

Cheers Guys,
    Can you collect too?

11. meandmycornet

we did..... in an umberella :tongue: the audience liked that!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Minehead
    Horn
    icon_cool
    Bleinheim Gardens Minehead
    Blenheim Gardens
  13. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I remember that, you got over £100 in donations thrown into the umberella!! Must have been because I was playing for you, and I never got a penny of it!

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is no more. I have had enough and intend to jack it in after the areas. I'd do it now but don't want to let the contest band down.

14. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

By turning out 28 players for this sort of fee is selling ourselves well short.Bands should get together and set a DECENT FEE.

15. IanHeard

IanHeard Member

All very well mate, but you don`t play in a westcountry band.
    That is a decent fee down `ere.
    Ian.

16. meandmycornet

I think Gilly (Gilbert!) dancing had something to do with it! :tongue: because all the audiency people started dancing around the umberella then :-| a strange sight it was aswell! quite surreall!:tongue:

17. meandmycornet

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Dave noooooooooooooo you can't do that!!! don't do it! I won't here of it!!!