Blaydon Races - Euphonium Solo

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Kiz7, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Is there a piano accompaniment to the band Euph solo version of Blaydon Races at all? If so, does anyone have one I could borrow please? I have tried all the usual sources (ie just music etc) but to no avail.

Many thanks

2. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I've played the band arrangement but never heard of a piano accompaniment, probably is one somewhere
  3. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Thanks for your reply Masterblaster jnr and whilst it was nice of you to help keep the thread "live" I was hoping for a slightly more helpful response.

I too have played the band arrangement (hence I am asking about that version), I too have never heard of a piano accompaniment but I am hoping there is one somewhere and that someone on tmp may be able to help me.

I know you are young and keen to get invloved, but sometimes it is more helpful if you don't post if you don't know or can't help as threads can shift emphasis so very quickly that you don't actually get an answeto the original question.

Sorry if any of you think I am being hard on Masterblaster Jnr only I have read so many of his posts in threads that I have been following and lots of them seem to almost be posting for posting's sake.

If anyone can help me out here, i'd be most grateful
  4. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

If you have the time to produce your own, why don't you phone the publisher and see if they will give you permission to do one for your own use? They often will, if you ask. (If you haven't time to do your own, why not make me an offer?! Us self-employed types will do anything for money! Well, ok, not anything.)

(btw, this isn't posting when I don't know something, it's trying to suggest an alternative solution!)
  5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I've never heard anyone doing the Langford arrangement with anything but a Band. It's likely that it's a Chandos publication - it's probably worth giving them a bell to see if an official one ever existed and they should also be able to tell you if there have been any 'unofficial' (i.e. not Langford) versions ever done. I'm afraid I find it unlikely though.
  6. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

When I last played this quite a few years ago, the score was a short score in concert pitch, and my mate who was a pianist had no problems at all reading and playing it straight off, no transposing or anything to do at all.
  7. euph-man

euph-man Member

I do think a little more tolerance is needed as masterblaster jnr reply was only short. If people are not happy with replies sometimes taking a large portion of no notice helps.
  8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Here, ****** here!:clap:
  9. zak

zak Member

Agreed!!! :tup :tup :tup
  10. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Thanks everyone for your replies, I will give Chandos a call and if there is not a piano part then I can either can an accompanist to use the short score, or as ScaryFlugel says, ask for permission to write it myself.