Blackley Band Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by fredders, Nov 3, 2004.

1. fredders

fredders New Member

Blackley Band North Manchester

Edit: see latest threads for current vacancies

Blackley band is a fourth section band in Nr manchester. We are close to the M60 and only 15 minutes from the City centre. We are currently re-organising the bands set-up and require the following:
    Front row cornets, back row cornets, Soprano cornet, Solo Horn, Solo Baritone, Eb & Bb Bass and Percussion.
    We welcome all players young or old and are enthusiastic to hear from students. We are a friendly and very welcoming band. We rehearse on Mondays (for the time being) from 8pm -9.45pm. The site where we practice is fully secured 24 hours a day and all car parking is safe.
    We have a number of spare, mostly brand new instruments that can be used. If you fancy coming for a blow send me a PM and I'll give you more details.

You can also check out the bands website at www.blackleyband.co.uk

Thanks

katherine
    tel 0161 277 9455
    katherine.stringer@co-op.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  2. fredders

fredders New Member

Blackley band Needs YOU!!!

Blackley band in North Manchester is currently recruiting new members to strengthen the band with the hope of going to the North West Areas in March 2005. We will be competing in the 4th section.

We're after the following and have spare almost brand new instruments to accomodate those who wish to come for a blow:
    cornets - both front and back row
    Solo horn
    Solo and 2nd baritone
    Eb & Bb bass
    percussion

Please do not hesitate to get in touch. We are a friendly band with excellent rehearsal facilities. Please ring me on 0161 277 9455 for details and directions. Alternatively check out the bands website www.blackleyband.co.uk for full directions to the band room.

We hope to hear from you soon

Katherine Stringer
    Band secretary

3. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Cornet players in North Manchester!

Are you a cornet player in the North West looking for a band?
    Blackley band, a friendly fourth section band are lookin for a number of cornet players to fill seats so they can begin contesting again asap.

The band have just appointed a new musical director and are looking to fill these seats.

Any other players welcome to come down.

If you are interested in joining a friendly band ring the MD, myself Adrian Smith on 07921836347 or visit our website, www.blackleyband.co.uk

4. hey mate, i wish u the best of luck with blackley, i went down there for a rehearsal conductin and they are a really nice bunch of players and i really enjoyed my chance to do that. please pass on my best wishes to the band, and tell matt stringers sister to keep pushin 4 her horn seat lol, (sorry i can't remember her name, anne is it?), and make ur flugel player do the solo in brian kellys divertimento, she loved it i think ;) :D ! i thought she sounded great on it

SO COME ON ALL U CORNET PLAYERS AROUND THERE, GET JOININ BLACKLEY, NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

trust me, its worth it, if u enjoy banding u enjoy playin for blackley band :)

best wishes 2 u all

Clive Morris, 2nd Trombone, Lindley Band, 07921391996

5. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

are there any cornet players out there???

Blackley Band are a very friendly 4th section band that, for a number of reasons, are struggling for cornet players, including a principal cornet player, to complete this enthusiastic band. Players of all standard are welcome.

We are situated 5 minutes from junction 20 of the M60 in north manchester.

All other players will be welcomed if u r looking to get a fresh start and enjoy banding again.

Please PM me if u r interested, all enquiries treated in the strictest confidence.

Adie Smith
    MD Blackley Band

6. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Horns and Cornets needed at Blackley!!!

Blackley Band, a friendly 4th section band in North Manchester, require a solo and 2nd horn and cornet players, including a principal, and a solo Euphonium. We offer secure parking and a fun and friendly atmosphere. We have a number of concerts lined up and are looking to rebuild the band after a difficult period and start contesting as soon as we can.
    To find out more information please e-mail me on adiesmith@hotmail.com or PM me. All enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
    All other players welcome.

Adie

7. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Principal Cornet Needed

Blackley Band, a friendly 4th section band in North Manchester, require a quality principal cornet player. We also require

Soprano
    Solo Cornets
    Solo Horn

Any other players are welcome. We are a band that is on the road to recovering from a big walk out. We have recovered from 8 players in April that now have 18 players, we just need to complete these last few remaining seats.

We have a number of things planned for this year including many contest performances, subject to filling these seats, and many concert performances.

All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Please get in touch with me via either PM or e-mail me on adiesmith@hotmail.com

Thanx in advance
    Adie Smith(MD Blackley Band)

8. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band

Blackley Band in North Manchester requires tutti cornets, soprano cornet, solo horn and second trombone to complete our line-up. We are a friendly 4th section band who have rebuilt after a difficult period for the band and are now excited and confident about the contest season ahead.

If you are not one of the above mentioned players but still fancy a change then you are welcome at Blackley, just pm me.

If you fancy a change and looking for some fun at rehearsals then either pm me or e-mail me at adiesmith@hotmail.com for more information.

Adie Smith

9. hi adie

great to see you've got up to about 20 players now, its excellent news and i hope you carry on building the band up

guys and girls i can't stress enough how cool a band blackley is, if your in the manchester or surrounding areas then please give them a go coz i could definately see them progressing fast once they fill up their remaining vacancies

best of luck adie and i hope to see you gettin your band contesting again soon

cyaround, CliVE!

10. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Sop and horn needed

Blackley Band, North Manchester 4th section, require a horn player and a soprano player to complete this friendly band. If you do not play one of these instruments but fancy coming down for a blow then feel free, all players welcome. We rehearse mondays and thursdays just 5 mins off junction 20 of the M60. If you are interested please pm me or e-mail me on adiesmith@hotmail.com

Adrian Smith
    MD Blackley Band

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Blackley
    @co-op.co.uk
    Blackley Band Vacancies
    Nr manchester
  12. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley needs YOU!!!

Blackley Band, a friendly and sociable 4th section band, require a Euphonium, 2nd Baritone and a cornet player to complete their ranks. We rehearse Mondays and Thursdays 8-10 just 5 minutes from junction 19 of the M60.
    We have a big year coming up with lots of contests and enjoyable concerts in the pipe line.

If you are interested please PM me or visit our website www.blackleyband.co.uk and get in touch through there.

Adie
    MD Blackley Band

13. Eb_Alex

Eb_Alex Member

North-West Players

The Blackley Band are looking for players for the forthcoming year. We especially need cornet players, although all players will be welcomed. Please feel free to check us out www.blackleyband.co.uk and if you are interested email us blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk.

2007 will see us continue to contest in the 4th section, competing at Preston and the Areas and returning to Pontins again in November, as well as some fantastic contests throughout the year.

Students, amateurs, proffessionals and re-born brass players more than welcome.

All the Best for 2007

14. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band in North Manchester, 5 minutes off junction 19 of the M60, require:
    a front row cornet player,
    a soprano player and
    a Bb Bass player to complete our line up.

We are an ambitious 4th section band who have recently put together a great group of people and have had a gradual improvement of form over the past 18 months. We would also welcome any player that would like to come down for a blow and see what we are like.

If you are interested please pm me or e-mail me or the band, adiesmith@hotmail.com or blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk.

All enquiries treated in the strictest of confidence.

15. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band 4th Section North West

Blackley Band require horn players to complete our line-up for the coming year, this is especially desperate following the pontins championships in November.

We are an enthusiastic ambitious 4th section band hoping to have a good year following on from our third place at Tameside championships in March. We have some great players and any additions would be welcome.

We rehearse in Blackley community centre, just five minutes from both junction 19 and 20 of the M60.

If you are interested please either pm me, visit our website or ring me on 07738826809.

Adrian Smith
    MD Blackley Band

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  16. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band, a friendly 4th section band in North Manchester, require the following instruments to complete their line up for the coming year:

Soprano Cornet
    Solo Trombone

We are an increasingly busy band who hope to have a successful 2008/9 both on the contest and concert platform.

We rehearse on a monday and thursday nights 8-10 at higher blackley community centre, just five minutes from junction 19 and 20 of the M60.

If you are interested please feel free to contact me by either pm or e-mail at adiesmith@hotmail.com.

Adrian Smith

17. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Soprano Cornet Player needed

Blackley Band, North Manchester only 5 mins from junction 19 and 20 of the M60, require a soprano player to complete our line-up for the coming year. We have had a busy summer of recruitment and working hard and are now ready for the contest season.

we have lots of concerts and contests planned including fleetwood, pontins and st helen's, plus hopefully a big venture later in the year.

If you are interested please either pm me, e-mail me adiesmith@hotmail.com or e-mail the band blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk.

Thank you
    Adrian Smith - conductor

18. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

We could do with a soprano player as soon as possible, we have been let down by a dep for fleetwood contest so would really appreciate if anybody could help out or join!!

Please come down for a blow and enjoy this fun 4th section band!!!

Adrian Smith
    adiesmith@hotmail.com

19. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band, a friendly 4th section band in North Manchester, require the following instruments to complete their line up for the coming year:

2 x Solo Cornet

We are an increasingly busy band who hope to have a successful 2008/9 both on the contest and concert platform. Confidence is high after our recent results at Wilkinsons and Fleetwood and we are hoping to push on from here!!

We rehearse on a monday and thursday nights 8-10 at higher blackley community centre, just five minutes from junction 19 and 20 of the M60.

All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

If you are interested please feel free to contact me by either pm or e-mail at adiesmith@hotmail.com.

Adrian Smith

20. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Solo Cornet
    1st Baritone

We are an increasingly busy band who hope to have a successful 2008/9 both on the contest and concert platform. We can also a trip to France in early June for the French Open contest.

If you are interested please feel free to contact us by either pm or e-mail at blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk

Adrian Smith

21. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band are pleased to announce that they will be attendind this years French Open in Amboise in June.

However we a couple of players to complete the line-up. These players are:-

Soprano
    Front Row Cornet

The players would have to be prepared to sign on and hopefully enjoy it so much they stick around afterwards!

We are a 4th section band having a good year, which we hope will get better.

If you are interested please feel free to contact us by either pm or e-mail at blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk

Adrian Smith

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Blackley
    @co-op.co.uk
    Blackley Band Vacancies
    Nr manchester