Blackadder Goes Forth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Tubafreak, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Tubafreak

Tubafreak New Member

What was the band that played the theme song to the fourth Black Adder seres?Was it a millitary band,brass band,or marching band?Bonus credit to anyone who replies to this thread that was in that band.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blackadder Goes Forth
    Black Adder
    millitary band
    brass band
    Black Adder seres
  3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

It was played by the Band of the 3rd Battalion, The Royal Anglian Regiment,and no I am not a member.

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

*coughs* BOC! :roll:

5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Maybe, but essentially this knowledge comes from LBB being a British Comedy Classic aficionado.

6. Laserbeam bass

Boc, or just typing the following into google
    simple yet effective use of my six remaining weeks of absolute leisure :cry:

7. Laserbeam bass

Open Magnus Magnusson Scottish accent mode

" Correct "

Close Magnus Magnusson Scottish accent mode

8. 2nd man down

He was Icelandic wasn't he?

9. Tubafreak

Tubafreak New Member

Is the Band of the 3rd Battalion, The Royal Anglian Regiment, a military band, as the name implies.Are they a brass band or just a marching band? And what does BOC mean? And also, why don't you guys use sousaphones?

10. 2nd man down

B - Boring
    O - Old
    C - (fill in this word for yourself)

It's a term given to someone who displays knowledge beyond all limits of reasonability and normality on any given subject!

11. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

That's a bit unfair, 2m-d - they probably don't use the word "Codger" in the USA.....

p.s. although Magnussssssson was indeed Icelandic, perhaps he could impersonate a magnificent scottish accent when he'd had a few ??

On a more serious note, a lot of British Brass Band performance is given seated - either in concert halls (or similar) or on bandstands. Marching plays only a very small part. Tubas are therefore more suited to the job than Sousaphones. Also Sousaphones are more difficult to control than Tubas, especially EEb Basses, and the UK band repertoire demands controlled quiet chords and lyrical solo playing, not just 'oom-pah' stuff. And, of course, we were playing Tubas before Mr Sousa invented his 'phone.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Blackadder Goes Forth
    Black Adder
    millitary band
    brass band
    Black Adder seres
  13. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

<BOC>Born in Iceland but moved to Scotland whilst still a baby because his father was the Icelandic Consul. Has spent all of his life since then in Scotland.</BOC>

14. Tubafreak

Tubafreak New Member

Sure we do! I hear that word alot, especialy when people are talking about my daddy.

15. Laserbeam bass

Thanks John, as an I(nteresting) O(ld) C... I knew that and Crawford was just showing his ignorance once again.

16. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Don't you think there should be a special font for BOC quotes? John? :rolleyes:

17. 2nd man down

I still think you get more of an Icelandic inflection in his accent than a Scots one IMHO.

And Ignorance is bliss, so I'm happy as a pig in the preverbial. :biggrin:

18. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Do I get BOC points for also noting that the closing credits for BGF were filmed on the square at Cavalry Barracks in my old home town , Colchester ?

Getting coat.

19. Laserbeam bass

I thought you had three people off sick today, get back to work :mad:

20. 2nd man down

A-ha!! Potentially out-BOC'd!! :biggrin:

21. Laserbeam bass

That's what happens when people share information on a regular basis. BE was almost the recipient of a full band fine last night, but his telephone call was a relatively urgent one and as such he will now be fined half the going fee, £12.50 and sixteen pints of a beer of his choice for the Chairman to sup. Usual fine being £25 and of course 32 pints. He had to tell me so that I could stop the kangaroo court being set up with yours truly as judge. If he does it again, I'll get him to run around outside the band room with his pants on his head.

22. 2nd man down

Blimey...tough crowd! :frown: