Black Dyke & Staines Brass

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Jasonp, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Black Dyke & Staines Brass

There’s not much time left before our 75th Anniversary concert with The Black Dyke Band at the Spelthorne Leisure Centre,
    Staines on Sunday the 10th July. As well as having one of the world’s best bands on the stage with us we also have our guest soloist, Ben Godfrey. Ben is currently a freelance Trumpet player in London.

He's recently played for the LSO, BBCSO, the West End show Jerry Springer the Opera, the Sid Lawrence Orchestra, the London Jazz Orchestra and the Elton John Orchestra.

He originates from a brass band background playing for the NYBBGB and GUS before taking the principle chair at YBS.
    He can also be heard daily playing the theme tune to the Channel 4 News. For more information and tickets go to and follow the link on the home page.

We very much hope to see you there.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2005
  2. Highams

Highams Member

Well done and congrats to Staines on a great concert with the Dyke looming over them!

Highlight for me was Dave Thornton, just gets better & better.

Good luck in the Nationals.

3. Jasonp

Jasonp Member

Thanks Charlie, was good to see you again, glad you enjoyed. We had a great time and the band played fab (Staines that is:) ).

Hopfully we can do something similar next year.
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear it went well - only sorry I couldn't get across (maybe next time!)
  5. madrich

madrich Member

Carnival of Venice

Does anyone know who aranged that rendition of Carnival of Venice which webster played? It was wicked :)
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I presume it was Harry James's version, transcribed for band by Mark Freeh as featured on Roger's latest cd "Passport".