Black Dyke on the Paul O' Grady show!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BbBill, Oct 25, 2006.

1. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Black Dyke are to make a pre-Nationals appearance on the Paul O'Grady Show on Channel 4 on Friday 27th October at 5:00pm!!

More info from 4brs
  2. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I'll be watching that
  3. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

I'll be watching too! Any idea what they're playing?
  4. Sounds good to me, I'll be watching as well

5. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Les Frances Judges :)
  6. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Well with Alan Titchmarsh being a guest conductor then I'd have to say the Groud Force theme mite have to appear. Then for guess the tune section I don't think the audience/viewers would stand a chance of getting Judges of the Secret Court!!:D
  7. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Oooh, cool!! I'll be watching! :)
  8. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

Hehe.. Just kidding.. :) :) :) :): ) x 1000000000000000000
  9. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Good for them! Raising the profile of banding on C4 even more after Croydon Citadel Band were invited onto Paul O'grady's show in the run up to Christmas! Congrats to Dyke.
  10. Just seen them on C4 on the show !! Only half the cornet bench there no Richard Marshall probs saving them for tomorrow for the RAH

Eb Bass
    Carlton Brass
  11. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

No John Doyle either! Disappointing really, they shuld have had a bit more airtime, but at least they were on! Every little helps. Some nice razz on the Trombone solo from Brett Baker!!
  12. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Well think it was recorded earlier in the week during the day time, so I guess most of the band might have been working!!
  13. SammyT

SammyT Member

Well I dont normally watch that kind of programe and wish I hadn't. What a waste of time, they should have been on more, ah well!!!
    I think I remember reading somewhere (could have been 4barsrest) that it was recorded on Tuesday!
  14. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

OMG I can't believe this! I totally forgot to watch!!!!! NOOOOO!
  15. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Would that've been their stand-in flugel player for this weekend from Eikanger that was playing in the show? Some good low stuff by Matt Routley too!

Yeh not much airtime at all, hardy worthwhile putting on the uniform, but what was that old codger like on the phone trying to guess the tunes?!!
  16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- lol, what did Dyke play? Instant Concert? :)
  17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

They did a sort of brass band version of the organ game. After an intro of the Groundforce theme, they played an extract from New York, New York and then When I'm 64. Supposededly conducted by Alan Tichmarsh, but it was clearly cut and edited but hey...a brass band(ish) on tea time telly can't be too bad can it?
  18. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Betty from Armitage... what a legend, bless her! :rolleyes:
    *cue Black Dyke playing New York, New York... band finishes... audience carry on singing New York, New York, over and over again...*
    "I don't know what it is..."
  19. postie

postie Member

Too right Betty was a different planet from everyone else!!!!
  20. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Meat Loaf was awesome...