Black Dyke Gold - Vol.III

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by John Brooks, Feb 27, 2014.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm if Diversions on a Bass Theme on this CD is a new recording or a re-run? Thanks!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Black Dyke Gold
    CD
    Bass Theme
    new recording
    Diversions
  3. John Brooks

In the absence of any definitive response I tried to answer my own question. I took some time yesterday to explore other recordings of this piece and found that a previous recording by Black Dyke was made under David King; so unlikely to be re-issued on this CD (although it was previously re-issued on Jewels in the Crown). The only other recording by Black Dyke that I'm aware of is from the 1991 European so again, unlikely for a live performance to be re-issued on this current CD. Having made that determination, I downloaded Black Dyke Gold - Vol.III from WoB last night and, in the Digital Booklet it notes "This recording was made to celebrate Black Dyke's win at the 2013 English National Contest....". The recording took place at Morley Town Hall in October and November 2013. I now look forward to sitting down and having a listen when I get home tonight.

4. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Great piece to hear live!

5. John Brooks

IMHO a cracking performance on this CD too.