Black Dyke concert in Hornchurch

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Ross Berry, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Ross Berry

Ross Berry Member

I saw the band in concert yesterday.

A good programme that was light enough for the blue rinse brigade but had enough substance for the bando's.

Few deps and all of the big names featured.

At first I thought that it was a long journey for a 2 hour programme although subsequently realised that they were in Bedford yesterday and so obviously made a weekend of it.

However I still wondered whether those of you who play in the top bands (and we don't need to start that debate again!) find this kind of gig a drag or if you actually enjoyed the away trips.

If anyone was at Bedford it would be interesting to know if what they played and if it was more or less the same.
  2. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I presume it will most likely have been more or less identical.
    the travelling is quite tedious sometimes, but if we do an overnighter we normally manage to have a good night out on the town somewhere :)
  3. Mark Bowater

Mark Bowater Member

Black Dyke concert

Maybe in your band,
    Only 2 pieces across both concerts repeated: solo's by Dave Thornton and Roger.
  4. meeglioni

meeglioni New Member

You obviously play for the world famous Black Dyke Band...

Are you trying to say that, even though you have a very very busy concert and recording schedule, you still have clever, innovative programmes, that vary from concert to concert?

I have always admired Dyke for the way they champion new music for band - I especailly enjoyed the piece with sitar....What other new pieces have you played in the last 6 months?

Don Meeglioni
  5. Aidan

Aidan Active Member