Black Dyke Brass Arts Festival

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by eanto, Jun 26, 2008.

1. eanto

eanto Member

Anyone watched & listened to the above from Dyke's website? Totally stunning performances and I like their idea of promoting Yorkshire youth as well. BTW, for some reason I personally didn't rate Richard Marshall's sound to that of McCann, Webster etc, how wrong I was!! awesome.
  2. Veri

Veri Member

Me and Ken went for my birthday!! Ask me about it at band... It was fantastic.
  3. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

It would have helped if they had told me which side my music was on when i went up for my solo:oops: . Annoying thing is, when the soloists were playing the camera was mainly on the band. Why didn't they do that for me :ranting2: :hammer
  4. eanto

eanto Member

I did notice a little bit of confusion now you mention it. Well played solo though.
  5. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Oh, could you hear it. I couldn't hear anything on the playback of it. Did anyone hear that premier Richard did. He was telling us about it on NYBB but i didn't get to hear it. What was it Like?
  6. eanto

eanto Member

Masterblaster; I admit you deserved more 'air time' but you were heard (by me at least!) and it sounded confident and good. Richard Marshall played Sonatina?? or something like that and it was fantastic:clap:
  7. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Great programme, wonderful playing as usual. Elgar Howarth was rather special. Its also good that Eric Ball's full arrangement of Elgar's 'Enigma', has been given a few outings of late. I wonder what orchestral musicians, and conductors think of Dyke's performance. Be interesting, for instance, to hear what Sir Colin Davis's opinion is. I am sure he would be very praiseworthy of it. It ranks among the best in the catalogue so far.