Bizarre Holidays for February

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MRSH, Feb 3, 2006.

1. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

There's something in here for everyone :):tup

Month:

American Heart Month
    An Affair to Remember Month
    Black History Month
    Canned Food Month
    Creative Romance Month
    Great American Pie Month
    National Cherry Month
    National Grapefruit Month
    National Weddings Month

Weekly Celebrations:
    3rd Week International Flirting Week

Each Day:
    1 National Freedom Day
    2 Ground Hog Day
    2 Candlemas
    3 The Day the Music Died (Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper died in a plane crash in 1959.)
    4 Create a Vacuum Day
    4 Thank a Mailman Day
    5 National Weatherman's Day
    6 Lame Duck Day
    7 Wave All you Fingers at Your Neighbour Day
    7 Send a Card to a Friend Day (obviously created by a card company)
    8 Boy Scout Day (celebrates the birthday of scouting)
    8 Kite Flying Day (in the middle of winter!?!)
    9 Toothache Day
    10 Umbrella Day
    11 Don't Cry over Spilled Milk Day
    11 Make a Friend Day
    11 White T-Shirt Day
    12 Abraham Lincoln's Birthday
    12 Clean out Your Computer Day
    12 Plum Pudding Day
    13 Get a Different Name Day
    14 Ferris Wheel Day
    14 Valentine's Day
    15 Candlemas (on the Julian Calendar)
    15 National Gum Drop Day
    15 Singles Awareness Day
    16 Do a Grouch a Favour Day
    17 Random Acts of Kindness Day
    18 National Battery Day
    19 National Chocolate Mint Day
    20 Cherry Pie Day
    20 Hoodie Hoo Day
    20 Love Your Pet Day
    20 President's Day - third Monday of month
    21 Card Reading Day
    21 Love Your Pet Day
    22 George Washington's Birthday
    22 Be Humble Day
    22 Walking the Dog Day
    22 International World Thinking Day
    23 International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
    23 Tennis Day
    24 National Tortilla Chip Day
    25 Pistol Patent Day
    26 Carnival Day
    26 National Pistachio Day
    26 Tell a Fairy Tale Day
    27 Polar Bear Day
    27 No Brainer Day (this day is for me!)
    28 Floral Design Day
    28 Public Sleeping Day
    29 Leap Day (once every four years)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial
    FONT
    Arial
    Dog Day
    Friend Day
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Great - my birthday falls on:

4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Northern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day

When : Always on February 20

On this winter day, people go out at noon, wave their hands over their heads and chant "Hoodie-Hoo".

It is a day to chase away winter and bring in spring. After all, everyone in the northern hemisphere are sick and tired of winter at this point and a little crazy being cooped up inside all winter and not seeing the sun.

Did you know?
    Hoodie Hoo day is a copyrighted holiday. It was created and is provided, courtesy of the great folks at Wellcat.com

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Nice one Matt! That's my b'day sorted then:

6. Di

Di Active Member

Aww, Vicki's birthday falls on Polar Bear day. She'll be sooo chuffed. :biggrin:

7. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

New year, new diet ... To Hell with GI

[*Homer] mmmm....Dog Bisuits [/*Homer]

8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

CLANG!!!!!

Was that a great big hint I just heard being dropped? ;)

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

^^ Nuff said ;)
    ^^ For those dumped after forgetting Commercial day on the 14th??
    ^^ What? Getting a new name would ruin.....
    cos its my birthday :p
    ^^ Cant wait :rolleyes:
    ^^ I thought it was a month of sweetness and loving, where does battery fit in to that equation?

10. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Not liking the fact that that's my birthday! (Thursday - just incase you forget!)

11. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If February 2nd really is Groundhog day...... then today is still February 2nd, dammit! ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Arial
    FONT
    Arial
    Dog Day
    Friend Day
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Yes. That reminds me I do have blueprints for a new infinite firing pistol. Load it up with 6 shells and you can usually get at least 15 shots out of it. Unless you're a baddie in which case it will inexplicably run out after 4 shots when you have the hero firmly in your sights...
    BMB
    xx

14. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Today is "Create a Vacuum Day"

When : Always February 4th

Create a Vacuum Day just might leave you in an empty void. There is no factual information or records about this day. So, we can only speculate to its cause..........

Theory #1: A hard working housewife, frustrated over her vacuuming chores, declared a day to commemorate the chore of vacuuming. The hole in this theory is that the day would likely be simply called "Vacuum Day" or "No Vacuuming Day". Why include the word "Create" in the title? This led us to........

Theory #2: A (mad!?) scientist created this day to celebrate the creation of a vacuum during laboratory work. But, isn't this routine scientific work!? We think so. Therefore, it led us to..............

Theory#3: Someone desperately in need of a simpler life, conceived this day. They wanted to create a vacuum that would suck all of the daily work, chores and clutter out of their life. If only for one day, they would be freed to enjoy the simple life of leisure. Now, here's a theory that really makes sense for today!

15. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

That'll be a nice birthday present for me then :tongue:

16. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

oooh we having matching birthdays! :tongue:

17. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Tomorrow (6th) is also Waitangi Day, New Zealand's national holiday, I believe.

And as today is National Weatherman's Day, I'd like to know why almost every year (certainly last year), they keep banging on about 'we're going to have the coldest winter in decades' only to be spectacularly wrong (again!)

(I still remember Michael Fish and his 'no hurricane' prediction back in 1987...)

18. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

6 Lame Duck Day
    Ah, my day...

7 Wave All you Fingers at Your Neighbour Day
    If I do that he'll have me arrested for stalking. And after the last time...

8 Boy Scout Day (celebrates the birthday of scouting)
    Should we be prepared for this?

17 Random Acts of Kindness Day
    This is every day in Schloss Dachstein. Well if you're a purebred blackandwhite Melesian. Otherwise we put them in holes in the ground.

28 Floral Design Day
    Remind me to put up a new avatar.

28 Public Sleeping Day
    Ohhhhh yessss!
    BMB
    xx

19. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

In preperation for tomorrows national day i was wondering if it is possible to drink too much milk? I've drunk about 8 pints since monday (semi skimmed) and its getting to the stage where i think i really would cry if i spilt any!! Milk is good for you isnt it?

20. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Hmmm...I think you may need to start replacing a few glasses of milk each day with water...I know water's good for you!

I'll be celebrating tomorrow by wearing a white t-shirt...

Nothing worng with that. I went kite flying on the beach at the end of January! It was fun! Our Kite has a special home in the cupboard under the stairs...:)

21. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Was everybody happy yesterday?!?!?!?!?!?!

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day

When : Always February 11th

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day is in recognition that everyone spills a little milk now and then. It's a day to be optimistic, think positive, look on the bright side, and to find something good in everything that happens. As the song says: Don't Worry, be Happy!

Today is a day to recognize that s_ _ _ happens. And, when it does, Don't worry, or fret, or cry over it. Rather, take a positive attitude and fix it, or get past it.

We all know the concept of the question: Is the glass half full or half empty? The pessimist sees it as half empty. The optimist sees it as half full. It's all an attitude towards life.

You should participate in "Don't Cry over Spilled Milk Day" with an optimistic attitude and a smile on your face.!

22. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Did you have a good "White T-Shirt Day" or maybe that should've been "WET" t-shirt day ;);)

White T-Shirt Day

When : Always February 11th

White T-Shirt Day honors the ever popular shirt of choice for millions of Americans. There's a lot to the popularity of this shirt. It's comfortable. It's inexpensive. White is clean, bright and crisp looking. It's worn by young and old, and men and women. And, we all fill it out in different ways.

It's really easy to celebrate this day....wear a white T-Shirt. Any basic white tshirt will do. It can be plain or imprinted.

Important Note:
    It's "White T-Shirt Day", not "Wet T-Shirt Day". However, if the T-Shirt is white, you can get it wet today. Or, you can enjoy watching someone in a wet T-Shirt.