Bit random

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Leyfy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Bit of a random one, but did anyone notice on saturday at Stevenage that the cup for third place in the 1st section was huuuuuuge and then they got smaller and smaller for first and second?! *LOL*

Bit like the ashes - all that effort and then the teeniest tiniest trophy at the end of it! (yes, yes - I know why ;) )
  2. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Our Trophy for 2nd place was bigger than the winners! But size of course does not matter. Neither does winning, its the taking part!
  3. Alan MacRae

Alan MacRae Member

It's usually the losers that say that, Chunky ;)

Go get 'em at Harrogate. Although obviously I'm rooting for Ocean/Portishead from the WoE :p
  4. Texus

Texus Member

At least you guys got trophies - thanks to a certain band not returning the cup our solo cornet got nothing - apart from breathless leaping over the chairs....
  5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Just practising humility in case of future upsets!
  6. Owen S

Owen S Member

The same is true in the second section too. We had to return the cup for third, then pick up the cup for first. We had to toast from Gareth's 4-pint size cup for the conductor of the winning band, because the band cup was simply too small.
  7. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Its not fair..... you lot up country get prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd? Aswell as prizes for soloists?

In WoE the only trophies are for the winning band in each section! although 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed bands do get a lovely bannerette that they can keep forever! There aren't any prizes for best soloists.... so be grateful you solo cornet player even got awarded the title Texus!

Not that it affects me or my band in the slightest :tongue: