Bit of an odd question - Will someone employ me?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by v_star, Jun 21, 2004.

1. v_star

v_star Member

Hi everyone. This is a bit of a random request really, but as things go, I'm about at the end of my tether.

Does anyone in the Huddersfield area know of a place where a student could get some summer work please?

I'll do anything - within reason! I've got IT skills and have done customer service and such likes.

I've applied for 16 jobs in town, and they have turned me down because I am a student - infact Holland and Barret were so rude that i'm considering taking action against them. They annoyed me somewhat!

2. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

work in a bar... there's always jobs in a bar! and then there's the beer :lol:
  3. fizzyduck

fizzyduck New Member

Have you tried contacting the university? Particularly the Student Office or the Student's Union. They're often looking for temporary staff to help out at degrees ceremonies, or stuff envelopes etc. It's often boring work but the pay's very reasonable. Hope that's of some help.
  4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

glass collecting in night clubs got me through last summer... i recommend it to anyone. And if you can balance more than 30 glasses in one hand I will give you a prize... :wink:
  5. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

I've tried collecting glasses in bars. Usually they stop me at the door......
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

I managed to get 6 in portugal :shock: :(
  7. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Must say Vik, some naughty thoughts popped into my mind :twisted:

Seriously hope you can get sorted with a job, unlike a certain someone :roll:
  8. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

come and work at our place....but it's in St. Helens, about 1hr from where u live!!
  9. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

where do you work aimee...?
  10. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

same place as you neil... :shock:
  11. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Try the local Brewers Fayre, The Aspley, there always looking for extra staff pver summer cos thet'll be busyier with kids off school!
  12. markyboy

markyboy Member

I go to the Aspley through my job and the people there are very nice indeed. I'm sure there's a lot worse places to get a job!
    Best of luck!!
  13. v_star

v_star Member

ta for replying. I sent off 16 application forms, got two replies and am working at clarkes shoes, although its not very many hours. I tried the Aspley but they didn't get back to me. Shame cos i would have liked that.
    Not to worry.
  14. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

My record was 46. Unfortunately a woman ran into the bistro at that point and knocked me to the floor - with the glasses. I got fired the following day. :shock: :oops: :x