Bisto Advert

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Nov 6, 2005.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Just seen the Bisto Gravy Advert:
    Does anyone know who the Brass Band is who is shown when the lad with the ginger hair speaks?
    The band have green and yellow jackets on.
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

The lad says he's called James Metcalfe & he's got a grand northern accent. Of course, that could be his "stage" name & he really speaks the Queen's english :tongue:
  3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member you can see the advert here! I reckon its some kid that plays in the band thats stood behind him and he got chosen cos he's cute and has ginger hair :tongue: i don't think he's an actor, but then you never know! :tongue:
  4. I'm glad someones started a thread on this as I keep seeing the advert and wondering! I don't think its an actor personally!
  5. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

In cynical mode, just because he's dressed in band uniform an holding a brass instrument doesn't automatically make him a bandsman (although I am intriegued as to whether he is or not!!)
  6. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Do non brass people (other than those involved in making brassed off!) really want to pretend to be part of a brass band?!
  7. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

if they were paid to do it then yes probably.
  8. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Why pay someone when there are bound to be enough brass players outthere who are willing to do it for nothing?
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Isn't that kid in the front holding a trumpet? :eek:
  10. Steve

Steve Active Member

Only seen it once but thats what I thought. Gotta love the research that went in to that one
  11. Melph

Melph Member

I know plenty of people who pretend to play in a brass band - top of the list is the Bflat bass section of Cawston band. Mind you, they are devoted and turn up twice a week just hold their instruments for 2hrs ;)
  12. fredders

fredders New Member

I can answer all your questions about the advert and the band.
    The conductor rang me last week and told me all about it! The story goes like this....

The band are from Belle Vue in Manchester, they were playing at a local Market and the film crew arrived and asked if they would like to take part in the advert. James is a real player, they are a real Brass Band and they did get paid for it.

Hope this helps! ;)
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- and is the kid holding a trumpet?
  14. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

and what band actually is it? :tongue:
  15. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

It does look long and thin like a trumpet. Some 1 must know 4 sure!!!!!!!
  16. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- definitely a trumpet! (... I caught the advert on telly)
  17. m.brannigan

m.brannigan Member

The band is Belle Vue Brass Band , and I am the Assistant Musical Director. At the time this was shot we had very little funding for instruments but as we progressed we were able to aquire a very good Cornet for James .
    My name is Matthew Brannigan
  18. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

It's blatantly a trumpet.
    Or it's some funny looking cornet. Glad mine don't look like that!
  19. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

There is such a thing as a long cornet. I used to have one. It was gorgeous. Lovely tone.
  20. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- it's a trumpet in the ad. BMB :cool: