Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by brass journo, Oct 22, 2004.

1. brass journo

brass journo Member

is it a general thing that birthdays get worse as you get older or is it just mine?

mine was today and was totally duff - a never ending pile of work, boring band stuff that no-one else wants to do and a magistrate's summons for a tax bill for the previous occupent of my house who moved out 2 years ago!!

managed to get all that done but still leaves me with a forgettable birthday that half my so-called mates forgot! I's now 9.42pm and as soon as I've written this and played pingu slap until I can chuckle no more at the sad and funny fate of those penguins I'm off to bed - until I get kicked out of bed by my cats because a king size bed isn't seemingly big enough for me, Jamie and just one of the two cats!!!

anyone else think birthdays get worse or is there some hope for me yet?
  2. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Happy Birthday mate - hope you have got a drink in your hand to celebrate, if so, cheers!

Birthdays are a funny thing you know........
  3. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Happy Birthday yesterday, sorry that I didn't see this earlier when you were still online.

For me, I think birthdays are best ignored at the best of times <---- NOTE to all people who know me ;).

I used to not tell anyone at work if it was my birthday and I was working - I don't like big public fusses and stuff for any reason. I get embarrassed too easily.

Anyway, it's the marking of another year that you've survived the things that life has thrown at you - that's a reason to be even a little bit happy ;)

(Just call me "Pollyanna" - someone I used to work for called me that...)
  4. brass journo

brass journo Member

thanks everyone!!
  5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Don't worry Tabby - the worst is yet to come! Many happier returns for yesterday...

6. brass journo

brass journo Member

Thanks David

At least I live safe in the knowledge that you must be feeling really old if I'm now 27!!!!
  7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

One thing I've noticed, somewhere around my 25th birthday, is that I smell and spend too much time in the kitchen. From then on most of my presents have involved bubble bath, perfume, various body lotions and scrubs, soaps etc. often in a pretty and totally pointless little pink bag.
    EvilDaddyBadger, whom I love dearly, once bought me a cruet set in November and was so excited about them he gave them to me there and then instead of waiting until Xmas.

Where is the luscious lingerie? The champagne? The tickets to see Bill Bailey at the Manchester Apollo? The expensive meal? The jewellery? The day at an expensive spa?

Obviously once you're as old, smelly and kitchen orientated as 35 these things no longer apply. It gets worse.
  8. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

But did you manage to appear eternally grateful? I was surprised when Mrs Mute took such exception to the garden hoe and staple gun, particularly as she'd been telling me how much she needed them only a few days earlier.

9. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I even forget my own birthday sometimes tabs. And I honestly didn't know it was yours! (He said sheepishly.)

Make sure it's your turn to go to the pub on monday after practice. And you AIN'T buying!

Many happy returns.

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Happy birthday to the birthday people today.... espcially Neil!!! We sang happr birfday to him twice in Schu Bar earlier on :)
  11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

ah, don't bring up birthdays... I've already spent 8 months dreading my next one...