Birthday present help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by jess the drummer girl!, Jul 17, 2005.

1. It's one of my best friend's 21st birthday later this week and I have got no idea what to get her!
    Don't really want to go down the jewellery or me to you teddy routes..as I know lots of our friends will get those!
    Anyone have any ideas?!?
    Thanks!

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I'll let you know of your pressie judgement when I receive mine from you in the post (cos I know there's no delivery on a Sunday) :):)

3. Huh?

pardon??
    I don't get it...

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

group together with a couple of friends and buy a small number of shares in something - might make some money later on!

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

i think Tmm was trying to say he hadnt recieved his birthday present from you today, as its his birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TMM DUDE!!!:clap:

6. Now i get it!

Sorry tMM..didn't realise!

happy birthday for today - week before mine too! lol

hope you had a good day!

7. Magic Flute

Magic Flute Supporting Member

Happy Birthday!

8. TheMusicMan

It'll be much better tomorrow Jess when I get my super pressie from you... I know you wouldn't let me down;)

9. Well as I live so close to you (I think!) could probably even hand deliver it! lol

10. TheMusicMan

That's a great idea... nice one... you are right, not that far to Newport.

PS: please send my love to the lovely June on Soppyrano... she's a cracking lady, salt of the earth. Tell her I miss the great times we had when she was with Cwmbran;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    one
    help
    birthday
    idea
    Anyone
  12. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I bought my lil lady a massive talking donkey toy, like the one from from shrek for her birthday next week, however we split up two days after I bought it, and I didnt keep the receipt... :frown:

13. Di

Di Active Member

How about clubbing together with a couple of pals and getting her a session to be pampered in a beauty salon/health spa type thingy.

14. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Or.... if she's a musician, how about photocopying the first page of the score of her favourite piece of music, getting all the band to clearly sign their name on the page, and then frame it.

Cheap, but VERY memorable!

15. Di

Di Active Member

Make sure when you wrap it up you disguise it so he doesn't recognise the zimmer frame before he opens it. ;)

16. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

How about 'drunk'? ;)

17. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Book her a Flying Lesson or a trip in a Hot Air Balloon.

;)

18. Thanks!

thanks guys some great suggestions - keep them coming though!

19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Buy her some christmas tree seeds. Then she can plant them in her garden and in a few years make a profit!

20. groovy

groovy Active Member

This might not work at short notice, but why don't a group of you club together to take her to Paris/Prague/Rome/Dublin (well anywhere really) for a weekend, or even just one night? You could get really cheap flights and stay somewhere reasonable, do a bit of shopping and go out at night!