Birthday Ideas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Feb 22, 2008.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

It's my 21st next week and i've been asked what i would like and quite frankly i haven't got a clue!
    I've just had a beautiful necklace from my Mum and my Boyfriend is getting me a Radley bag but apart from that theres nothing i can think of?!!

Any ideas gratefully recieved! :)
  2. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

A party at Torquay!! birthday cake in the apartment :biggrin: and a ceremonial dunking in the pool :eek: THen Lympstone and South Molton win first prize:clap: :clap: and we all wake up from that lovely dream;)

Have a lovely birthday at the yorkshires!!!
  3. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I already gave you my ideas earlier!

Seeing as you've now started talking like you're from Yorkshire it has to be something Yorkshireish! The only yorkshire thing I could think of was a yorkshire terrier though :tongue: hmmm!

maybe some sort of fantastical teaching resource? I have a 'piano' from the ELC that you play with your feet, hand bells, maracas and a ton of children's books (I have the jolly postman!!!)! You could ask for a life times supply of rubbers or pencil sharpeners or something exciting like that!
  4. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Maybe a new Baritone?! Or a mansion? Or a nice big car?
  5. sugarandspice

I think putting up with a Yorkshireman is enough Yorkshireish thankyouverymuch! :)

I want a Porchse! Unfortunatley it's probably a little bit out of my price range :(
  6. millie6589

millie6589 Member

there's nowt wrong with a Yorkshireman! and my philosophy is if you don't ask, you don't get!!
  7. meandmycornet

But you're pratically a yorkshireperson yourself now anyway!!!

1. You have a (lovely!) yorkshireman for a boyfriend
    2. You practically play for a yorkshire band
    3. You're probably going to move to Yorkshire when you finish uni
    annnnnnnnd probably most worryingly of alllll....
    4. You've started talking like you're from Yorkshire!!

Therefore your present does have to yorkshireish! :D so there! :tongue:
  8. sugarandspice

How much has he paid you to advertise this fact?! ;)
  9. leisa

leisa Active Member

Theres nowt wrong with yorkshireish!

21st= jewellry

I got a ring off my John for my 21st, a ring off my parents and various necklaces/braclets. My best mate got me 21 little presents which was a very good idea but you cant really go and ask someone to buy you 21 pressies that would be cheeky. eeerrrrm who is the pressie off?
  10. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

i hope you have a lovely birthday, sugarandspice. Have a great time but dont go too ott!! A rather nice necklace from your boyfriend be nice and something equally as good from your mum and dad to. A holiday of your favourite destination??
  11. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Spa day? paid for the missus to go to the spa at the Malmaison in Manchester for the day, pampering, beauty treatments, lunch, etc. and it went down very well :D
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

An Emley win at Bradford??? :biggrin: :rolleyes:
  13. vonny

vonny Member

I bought myself a Radley bag in Chicago and I love it - your bf as good taste and knows how to make a girl happy it seems!!

Have you considered a romantic break away or a holiday?

I hope you have a brilliant day!
  14. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Given all of the above , and your conversion to the ways of northern-ness in general , there is only one thing that the discerning yorkshire-based eupho / bari playing young lady needs as a vital accessory - a nice brand-spanking new LEEDS UTD SHIRT !!!!

Hours of fun will ensue at Emley for you , sitting opposite 2nd Man Down whilst sporting said garment ! It will remind youof your new home , and remind 2nd man down that there's only one team in Yorkshire !!!

Failing that , a picture of Geoffrey Boycott ( AKA The World's greatest living englishman ) to hang by your bed !

I'll get me coat.....
  15. sugarandspice

Ummmm, Who?!

Now now boys, i'm not getting into a football debate. We both know that leeds aren't very good, and Hudds aren't much better than that!

Crawf- did you not read you're invitation properly- i'm sure it said celebratary drink before it mentioned birthday drink?!

Anno Draconis-the idea is brilliant- not for me tho, i don't really like being pampered- hate massage's and can't stand having me neck touched.......think possibly i could have been hung in a past life?! :-?
  16. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Your lack of faith.....disturbs me.

Is Gary not a true believer as well ?
  17. meandmycornet

Hahaha!!! That is a typical Kelly comment! I love it :D

What about a Radley purse to go with Garry's Radley bag?
  18. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Oi, just you simmer down you, it's bad enough having to watch Garry dancing about wearing his *spit* Leeds Utd *spit* top at rehearsals! :-?

Well we can hope! :rolleyes:
  19. sugarandspice

You are not allowed to be mean to me Crawf- it's my birthday! :(

And anyway, at this rate you're making me inclined to actually wear a leeds top- just because i know you love them so much! ;)
  20. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

My work here is done !