Biggest Steak

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Feb 4, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

As your resident butcher on here we cut a hell of a lot of Steaks all sizes what is the biggest steak you have eaten:
    I have had a 32oz Rump

2. HBB

HBB Active Member

I don't like steak :oops:

3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Neither do i! In the summer i went to one of my best friends birthdays, at a steak house! That was fun :-? (it was actually!, I just didnt like being surrounded by steak!)

4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I do. Love it.

In fact - having it tonight. It's not that big though. I just couldn't handle having nothing else on the plate ;):tup

5. paddo

paddo Member

42oz! and the thing I am shure was still mooing

on holiday in Spain a couple of years ago, Benalmadina to be exact.

But was I rough after that, not only the steak but also Jacket tatty, salad and the wife had to order some chips which she could not manage!!

My jaw was knackered for a week after that!!!

6. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

There's a couple of places I've been to that have this bizarre contest: If you can eat a 72 oz. steak dinner (veggies, mash, etc...) - it's free. Otherwise, it's like $100 (US).

Personally, the biggest slab o' cow I've ever taken on topped out around 24 oz. Had to save room for a half-pound of Snow Crab after all. :D

7. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

You dont know what you are missing:woo

8. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Anyone recall that Simpsons episode? Classic!

I haven't gone over 16 oz I'm afraid.

Igg

9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

What's a Snow Crab? I assume it's not a frozen crustacean....
    My biggest ever steak was 8oz. I'm only a girl after all and I don't like huge slabs of meat.
    BMB
    xx

10. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Ben doesn't like much though do you chicken? :tongue:

I love steak myself, I had a lovely fillet steak at a restaraunt the other day :D I want fillet steak for tea on my birthday on thursday, but I don't think mum does! :tongue:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Rump
    sizes
    biggest steak
    lot of Steaks
    oz Rump
  12. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I've only ever eaten a 16oz steak (frankly I'd rather eat a small, really good steak that's been hung for a few weeks and cooked properly) but some friends of mine went on an orchestra tour to Argentina. No disrespect to our Texan friend^^^^ but Argentina is where they really like to eat steak. Bleedin' massive ones, at every meal. They weren't sold by weight but one guy estimated the average size of his lunctime slab to be 32 oz. Cue Atkins diet type dietary/halitosis "issues" when they all got home.

13. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Its good to know you like your steaks well hung we hang all our beef for 3and a half weeks just melts in your mouth:clap:

14. Di

Di Active Member

16 oz about my limit.

Best way to eat a steak though, sizzling hot evening in the lovely Vendee, entrecote, with a smattering of teryaki sauce, beautifully cooked on the barbecue. Hmm, mouth watering at the thought. Roll on August. :biggrin:

15. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

mmmm steak!!

They cook fantastic steaks in Oman and recommend them to everyone! They are also very reasonable to buy as well and are delicious.

Have to agree with Diane about the BBQ am sure it will be put to good use over the next few weeks while we have family visiting.

Enjoy!

16. andyp

andyp Active Member

That wasn't in the Argentinian steak house by any chance, was it?

Went a few years back, one of the best steaks I've ever tasted. Was only 16oz ribeye though...

17. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

There wa a foody pub near me who used to do what they called a "Daniel Lambert" steak. It was huge - if I remember correctly 64oz - and advertised as the biggest in the country. The challenge was that if you could clear your plate then you didn't pay for it.

As for me I'd echo Anno Draconis' comments. Much prefer a small well cooked steak to having to chew though a huge fatty, gristly slab which would no doubt be almost cold by the end. So the normal resturant sized 16oz'er is my limit.

18. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Anybody at the Welsh Area staying in Swansea should try the "Steak by Night" it's by the Dragon Hotel ( 5 mins from the Brangwyn) , brilliant choice and really well cooked.(16 oz med / well with chips and pepper sauce)... failing that will be in the All you can Eat for a Fiver Curry house by the Brangwyn Hall. :)

19. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

Biggest Steaks

A few years ago I went twice to the Cattlemen's Restaurant in Harrogate to accept a challenge from my work colleagues. Here they offered a speciality 64oz steak meal.

It was free if you managed to completely finish it, including the boat load of chips. If any was left over it cost £17.50

The restaurant put on quite a show before it is cooked, as it is weighed in front of you. At the end of the meal and if only a small amount is left, then it is weighed again and you are then entered in to their exclusive achievement record book, that is on public display.

Try as I might, the best result I could achieve was 61 ozs, but my name was duly entered in the book! There is a small catch to make it more difficult, in that no gravy is allowed so as the meal progresses, it becomes almost like eating straw.

My claim to fame was that Jeff Capes the Olympic shotputter is also in that book and I beat him!

Not wishing to get off subject, but there is an Indian restaurant in Newcastle that serve an exotic little dish called 'Curry from Hell'. The walls of the restaurant are adorned with film stars and celebrities who have appeared in the nearby Theatre Royal. Eat it all and it is free - if not you pay. It is the hottest I have ever had and sadly my three friends and myself had to admit defeat.

Happy eating.

20. Trog's

Trog's Member

The best steak I've ever had........ has got to be In the Butcher Boy, Sun City, South Africa.

Absolutly fantastic, never had one as nice and now every steak I have here seams rubbish!!!!

Sorry it's a long way to go, but I'd really recommed it if any one gets the chance!!!

21. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Got one to add to this from a cornet player in our band who comes on as a guest
    said a 20ozT.BONE

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Rump
    sizes
    biggest steak
    lot of Steaks
    oz Rump