Big up the chesterfield, bad luck hammers lol

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hornic, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Hornic

Hornic Member

Just waiting for my partner to get back from chesterfield! Spoke to him and sooooooo excited the Spireites won. I watched it on tv and thought Chessie were good for the victory. Any Hammer fans on tonight
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

How long til lthe return of the infamous 'Pardew out' sentence?
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

For those of us suffering today, but especially Canaries & Hammers!

WHAT TO SAY: Pardew must be keen to get fired, Suggest big clubs don't take it serious even if there reserves earn more than other clubs first teamers.

SAY THIS could be villa, everton's or watford's year, even if you know it'll be Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U or Liverpool who end up winning.

WHAT NOT TO SAY: I really love the carling cup it's the most interesting cup out there, or that Alan Pardew is a great young manager.

WHO TO PRAISE: Praise plucky little clubs Chesterfield and Notts County in a patronising media kind of way, and also Arsenal's youngster's and Wenger's eye for talented kids, insert your own joke here.

PUB BORE STAT OF THE DAY: Be sure to be the one to mention the average age of the Arsenal side was twenty,Aliadiere is the oldest player at twenty three.

WHO NOT TO PRAISE: The whole tournament, West Ham strikers, Sheff United defenders, Norwich or Port Vale penalty takers.

ONE SENTENCE TO COVER ALL COVERSATIONS: IT'S a stupid competition anyway which no-one is interested in, just don't try repeat that this weekend.

That should be enough to get you through any office discussions about football this morning. Also as an extra help here are ten reasons why no-one should take the mick out of you this morning because your team is out of the cup.

1: Orange Wednesdays: A great two for one deal on films and lots of strong winter movies means a league cup exit just give you more chance to enjoy some other entertainment.

2: Winter is kicking in: Lets face it who wants to stand around watching your side flatter to deceive through the winter months, far better to be out now and save yourself the colds and flu.

3: You won't win anyway: You will kid yourself it's your year, then you'll go out to some lower league club in the semis, and watch them get spanked of Chelsea in the final, unless your a Chelsea fan and then Arsenal will just go ahead and win.

4: You can concentrate on the champions league: That's right with the new Football Manager out you shouldn't have to worry about League Cup when you spend more guiltless time leading Doncaster to far more realistic glory, i.e The Champions League.

5: No more christmas shopping on christmas Eve: If you take the few hours you would be watching league cup football and spend it christmas shopping, you should spare yourself that frantic christmas eve trolley dash and spend the day in the pub.

6: Start a five a side team: Get some football in yourself in those spare hours, not only can you have an influence on the game, but you have an excuse to eat a lot more in the forthcoming winter months.

7: Learn a new skill: Take a night class, take up baking, learn a musical instrument, learn a foreign language, all of which will be more impressive to the opposite sex should you have totally alienated your last partner over the course of a long season.

8: Get yourself the sports channels: That's right use the money saved each other month on getting yourself some extra tv sport and you can have your pick of European football from the comfort of your living room.

9: Sleep: Let's face it's winter all you want to do is curl up and hibernate, now you have the perfect excuse, catch up on all the hours sleep you've lost worrying about how rubbish your team is.

10: You can concentrate on the league, playoffs, or if your Leeds, avoiding relegation.

with thanks to
  4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

About 120 hours - if they lose Sunday, I think he'll resign.

Though bizarrely, I'm not convinced he should.
  5. starperformer

starperformer Member

west ham are pretty appalling at the moment.

these london clubs that aren't any good seem to be a captive audience for players who are drawn to the nightlife in london but aren't good enough to play for chelsea or arsenal. so no wonder.

part of what makes the so-called "premier" league so boring to watch at the moment is that they aren't even the worst team in there, they are just one of many. a league is totally the wrong format for a competition where only a few teams can possibly win, even over the next decade.
  6. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

That describes most of the top leagues in Europe to be honest
  7. Will the Sec

No, they're not.
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

They're extremely appaling?
  9. Will the Sec

Well, since my efforts to agree with SP in the past were met with all the posts being modded, I felt I had to keep to form and disagree.

SP is wrong though. I've seen pretty appaling in the past and West Ham aren't currently up to that standard...
  10. dyl

dyl Active Member

<off-topic>you weren't 'modded' for merely agreeing with SP</off-topic>

On-topic - yup - West Ham aren't up (down?) to that standard yet, but there's always the weekend...... ;)
  11. starperformer

starperformer Member

same goes for my own attempts to agree with myself.

chesterfield should be given a run in the big leagues, on a reality TV wife-swap basis.
  12. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I agree with you Will - the guys on the pitch have a lot to answer for here - too many of them think they are better than they are and some aren't good enough to play at this level anyway.
    Reo-Coker seems to think we should have let him go to United or the Gooners (perhaps we should have!), Koncheski is not performing at all - just a couple of examples.
    One person we do miss (many will disagree!) is Tomas Repka - apart from his occasional lapses, if you were to analyse goals scored as a result of activity down the right wing, you would have found Repka just one cross behind the assist on many of them. Scaloni was unfortunately a poor replacement.
    There is no doubt that the arrival of the argies has put some noses out of joint in the dressing room although we can't blame them on the pitch for the Chesterfield debacle.
  13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Actually that's quite not true either to be fair, problem being you find it quite difficult to agree with anyone or anything for some reason. :-?

Wasn't it Chesterfield that went on the mammoth cup run a few years back only to be robbed of a place in the final by a ref who failed to spot their goal cross the line in the semi against Middlesborough??
  14. starperformer

starperformer Member

let's just say that the officials are often blind, infuriatingly inconsistent, and would be better to let things flow. they even disagree with each other (the ref + linesman in this case).
  15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yep, where football's concerned (at any level) this is all too often the sad truth.