Big Brother?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TIMBONE, May 25, 2004.

TIMBONE Active Member

Is anyone going to watch "Big Brother" this year? Go on, be honest!
  2. impycornet

impycornet Member

I'd rather cut my arm off with a rusty saw

3. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

NO NO NO and NO

but may watch it now and then when i'm board :roll:
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Hopefully not, addiction can be a terrible inconvenience!
    As I escaped it last year I'm hoping to again this year.........but never say never!
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Maybe... maybe not...

ok, yea... probably

TIMBONE Active Member

How could you escape CAMERON last year? Don't get me wrong, my workmates told me. ("You don't have workmates Timbone, you work from home").
  7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Ok I didn't totally escape it....but I didn't watch it very much compared to other years!
  8. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

I don't think they'll ever capture the magic of the first series again. They had just the right blend of people in that, then they followed it up with an absolute TRAVESTY in the second series. Having Alex slowly go insane in Big Brother 3 was quite entertaining, last year was ok, but still nothing special.

I picked up the "Big Brother UNCUT" video a while back... very entertaining. No-one's whipped their clothes off and made mud-prints of themselves on the walls since then, have they?
  9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm staying in on Friday night specially!

well... partly because I have no money... but mainly for Big Brother! :D
  10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

hmmm... wonder if we'll ever get a tMP'er on BB eh... :? :shock: :lol:
  11. louise0502

louise0502 Member

I'm watching it, but i'd never go on it!
  12. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I would also rather cut off Rob's arm with a rusty saw. :lol: Seriously though, I doubt I'll be watching. As a one off idea it may have been ok, but doing it every year? I admit to having watched it in the past, but I eventually got bored since it's just people sitting around and sleeping 90% of the time. There's enough of that goes on at uni anyway! Plus, we end up with annoying celebs being created :evil:
  13. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

No - I've got far too many things I'd rather be doing like Washing, Ironing, Cleaning, Revision :?
    This should give you some indication as to how little I want to watch this programme.
  14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Just my own take, but on the occasions I've watched it, it's like watching the animals in a zoo (the only difference being the animals are frequently more interesting). Never quite understood its appeal, but that's just me and each to their own. The viewing figures would suggest I'm in the monrity anyway!

However, I quite like the idea of a tMP-er going on there, but as a 'ringer', i.e. someone planted in there to deliberately wind up the otherss by practising for several hours a day open. That'd kick something off!
  15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sounds like you're volunteering for it Dave! :lol:
  16. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Only if it's on, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it. Wouldn't mind going on tho...I'm already barking so a few weeks in that nut house wouldn't make any difference whatso-ever. :terrier :hammer

Damn sure I could make it more interesting than it's been the past few series'!!
  17. louise0502

louise0502 Member

I'm sure you could!
  18. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Nah! I don't do that much practice! ;-)
  19. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I thought about auditioning when they had the open auditions in Manchester... unfortunately I was washing my hair that day, but maybe in a few years when I'm jobless and penniless I could go on, form a crude trombone from some hosepipe and a colander and spend all day playing the acrobat in a melancholy way...
  20. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Since when have trombones been made any other way??? ;-) :lol: :lol: