Big, big thanks to three true professionals.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 2nd man down, Mar 8, 2009.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Must say a huge thank you to Messers Westacott, Wilton and Dibb (no, that's not part of the fire crew from a well known childrens tv program) for their help and assistance in our preparation run up to the Areas contest this year.
    Rob Westacott took our cornet section for a sectional rehearsal and gave some extremely valuable pointers, Richard Wilton put our basses through their paces and Malcolm Dibb very kindly stepped in and gave us the benefit of his experience for a full rehearsal when our own MD was missing for the night.

Big thank you from the band to all three of you, you are all gentlemen and great friends of the band.
  2. Malcolm Dibb

Malcolm Dibb New Member

Always a pleasure to work with the fine body of men (and women) in the Emley team. You deserve to be moving into the second section with the showing from saturday.
    Just do me one favour and do not change your ethos to banding because the "Emley" spirit is what banding should be about and it is a credit to Garry and you all.

Congrats again

3. 2nd man down

You can count on that Malcolm. Thank you.
  4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

And of course not to forget,

Bob Blackburn who took our Euph's and Bari's through their paces. John Turnbull who bashed our percussion team about.

It's great to have folk around that want to help an improving band and an always learning conductor.

Thanks Gents.
  5. 2nd man down

Oops, of course, those two too. (I didn't know about their input! Sorry for missing you chaps!).

Thank you to all who helped us out in whatever guise.
  6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

it's good that some bands want to improve enough to bring people in to help.
    Not enough bands do this in england, they all do it over here
  7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I think as a conductor you have to accept you may have experience in banding but not on every instrument in the band (Glyn Williams Excepted!). So it's great to have some top knowledge on board. For us I know our bass players have gained a great deal from Richard coming in to do their sectional for example.
  8. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Aye, we're doing it over here too. Noticeable improvement in the trombone section since we had some individual lessons and sectionals with a pro.