Big Band Music Needed

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davidsait, Feb 3, 2004.

1. davidsait

davidsait Member

Can anyone help me please?

A group of us at the University of Warwick have been asked to form a scratch Big Band for a Charity Concert we're doing on the 17th June. As it's for Charity, we've got no budget whatsoever, so need to borrow the music for us to play (please note that's borrow not copy :) ).

Can anyone lend us any Big Band music, (or even better, complete sets!) at all?

Cheers folks,

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    group
    scratch
    Charity
    Big Band for a Charity Concert
    music
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Can't Ashley Ward's lot help?

Intrigued,
    Dave

4. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Yep!!

I have written three big band charts!

Not completed typesetting though, but if ur interested in buying a set or two, I will hurry the process along!

5. davidsait

davidsait Member

Thanks James, but as I said - we've got no budget! Trust me, if we had the cash we would be buying Big Band music instead of trying to borrow it!

Cheers,

6. James McFadyen

I'll see what I can do for you! Don't worry about buying the music, if ur gonna play it, free copies of sheet music are worth it!

If u've got Sibelius I can send u rough copies of a few of the scores, If not I'll mp3 them, if u wish.

7. davidsait

davidsait Member

James,

That sounds great thanks! We'd love to have a look at what you've got.

There isn't any hurry though. The job isn't until 17th June, and we've no plans for a rehearsal in the immediate future (got to get through this term first!).

Cheers,

Dave

8. James McFadyen

No problem, it'll give me a chance to complete the typesetting! :wink:

9. cornetchap

cornetchap Member

The principal trombonist at Watford Band, Mike Innes, is a big band arranger I'll have a word with him tonight to see if he can help you out. What sort of things would you be looking for? Can you PM me your address to send stuff to if he can/will?

Cheers, Greg.

10. davidsait

davidsait Member

Thanks very much Greg. PM on its way.