BEWARE - Contains "Harry Potter" Spoilers!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Di, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Di

Di Active Member

[IMGLEFT]http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0747581088.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/IMGLEFT]

This thread has been created for those who have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and wish to hold post reading discussions. Please confine all your discussions to this thread. If you have not read the book and wish to be kept in suspense, please read no further and close this thread NOW.

2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

haven't read it and have no interest in reading it, will wait for the movie. But one question, who dies even tell me by pm please.

3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Can't believe Snape!
    I wasn't sure if he was fighting for the other side at the beginning and just pretending! Although all the clues were there I guess, in that Voldemort is a brilliant at occlumency and legimency or whatever they were called and so it would have been really hard for him to lie!

4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Hehe Tonks and Lupin :D

5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

What I dont get is why Dumbledore never told Harry it was Snape that was listening at the Hogs Head before.

6. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Let me just say this. SNAPE IS INNOCENT! I still don't believe he's on Voldemort's side. I think Dumbledore is pleading for Snape to kill him, not to spare him. It's got something to do with hiding the Horcrux. Dumbledore made Harry promise to obey him whatever, and I think he did the same to Snape.

Snape won't kill Harry at the end of the book, and he won't let Harry use an Unforgiveable Curse either. I'm prepared to be proved wrong by Book 7, but I'm not budging until then!

There's also something iffy about Aunt Petunia, can't figure that one out.

Yes you're right, Tonks and Lupin! Ha ha! And what's that poxy Veela doing back again marrying Bill? Ron and Hermione fancy the pants off each other and deserve a bit of fun in Book 7.

BMB
    xx

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

But he made the unbreakable vow with whats her face, Dracos mum. Unless Dumbledore told him to.

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

If he knew he might have to kill Dumbledore he could easily make the Unbreakable Vow to Narcissa. He only vowed to protect and aid Draco, anyway.

BMB
    xx

9. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Ooh whats gonna happen to Draco? Will Voldemort kill him?

10. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Yeah, I think Dumbledore knew something more about Snape...he REALLY seemed to trust him.Dumbledore also didn't let Harry help him at the end and also Snape very quickly agreed to take the unbreakable vow!

Tonks and Lupin is great, totally unexpected and dead funny!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Harry Potter
    Harry
    BEWARE
    Spoilers
    mind
  12. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

I definitely think Snape is innocent. I think that somehow Dumbledore died knowing that he had to die for some reason. Because the weird thing is, that when he heard the door open in the room, he had the time to freeze Harry, but doesnt that also mean he had the time to put a jinx on the person who was coming into the room, so that they couldn't kill him. I think that Dumbledore planned for Snape to kill him, possibly so that like Voldermort will let his gaurd down or something.

13. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

You know where it says that Harry has to find all the rest of Voldemorts bits of soul on his own cause Dumbledores dead, well he doesnt, cause he can talk to Dumbledore in his painting in the heads office.

14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

that's if the new head is nice and lets Harry use his or her office!

15. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Well its Minerva whats her face (i cant spell it) isnt it?

16. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Well she's deputy, but that doesn't necessarily mean she'll get headship!

17. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

But I thought that at the end it said she was going to be head if they didnt close it down :-?

18. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

You're probably right....this is why I have to read and reread it!

19. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

It should be easy to prove if Snapes innocent or guilty, they can just ask Dumbledores portrait.

20. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

grr i was spoilered befoe i read it that snape was going to kill dumbledore, im soo annoyed about that now because i was just waiting for it to happen! still i spose its very brechtian :rolleyes: once you know whats going to happen, you can concentrate on how and why
    as to the writing itself, i increasingly feel like im reading fanfiction and not the original stories. too much exposure i guess (for me, not j.k since i know she avoids fanfiction like the plague)
    xx

21. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I couldn't believe it when Dumbledore died! I was waiting for the whole 'its-not-really-him-its-a-boggart thing again.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Harry Potter
    Harry
    BEWARE
    Spoilers
    mind