Best/Worst

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cheekycheesecake, Nov 15, 2005.

1. After first of all going on stage without my music, then putting in a stonkin' wrong'un at the of the very first piece of last saturdays V.J. rememberance concert, I was wondering what everyone else's best/worst moments were.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    stonkin
    music
    Best
    saturdays
    rememberance concert
  3. butterflies

butterflies New Member

My worst moment has to be when we were recording something at school to do with Music Around The World. When we'd finished I suddenly sneezed, JUST before we had stopped recording. So the whole thing had to be recorded again (without the sneeze at the end!)

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I forgot to go on stage for one of our pieces at contest once. I suppose that qualifies for both...worst for me and best for the band ;)

5. good effort!

wish I hadn't gone on stage 'till at least the second piece

6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

My trigger breaking and my tuning slide falling out mid solo during a wedding...

7. This is all gold.

Keep'em comin'

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

Continuing to march and play at ff when the rest of the band had stopped at the Whits, right infront of one of the better bands on the circuit. Someone else came with me but he was considerably much older and had a valid excuse for not hearing the (alleged) double tap.

9. Oh yeah i forgot about having to march backwards to get back into formation on sunday.

cheers for reminding me steve

10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Best - Conducting the Fulham Brass Band at Golder's Hill on 10th July 2005.

Worst - "Let's have three chairs for the Harlow Band"

11. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Worst- Concert at Buxton last summer where the band played Hey Jude (horn feature) me being ditzy thought the conductor was standing us all up stood up when he meant just the horns..... I stood out like a sore thumb...... :oops:

Best- Playing Fanfare for the Common Man at the Albert Hall last week...... absolutley amazing!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    stonkin
    music
    Best
    saturdays
    rememberance concert
  13. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Best: Playing at the Christmas Service for all the kids in Dunblane Cathedral in 1996, after that terrible tragedy. Listening to all the kids singing and laughing while we played, after such a sad year for them, is one of my best banding highlights.

Worst: forgetting my mouthpiece at my 1st contest, (Scottish Championships) in 1989! Theres prob more....!

Our bass trombone's worst, is at a carol service, belting out "O Come All Ye Faithful" instead of a very quiet "Silent Night", which we all found rather funny!! :biggrin:

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Worst: having my tuning slide fall out in the middle of the couple of bars of bass solo in the slow section of Laudate Dominum.

Best: playing in the Saturday night festival at Coventry with Hadleigh Temple, on a night where the band was really on song and everything went right.

15. BOB_

BOB_ Member

standing up with the solo cornets at end of a piece has to be the worst.

the best has to be playing the muppets because as a bas we have to stand and sway but the Ebs struggle with it and i look ace

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Oh come on! The rehearsals were never that poorly attended. :)

17. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Best: Playing at my first registration contest (SWBBA Contest last November) being told five minutes before we went on stage that I'd been promoted to 2nd Cornet :D and we came 3rd! :D:D:D

Oh and getting too sit on the front row at rehearsal last night :D even if it was only because I was the only backrow person there! :D

Worst: Throwing my cornet across South Molton Square halfway through the Middy! (Long story which most of you probably know by now anyway!)

18. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ha ha ha!! Class!! That's one of those Homer Simpson stylee "DOH!!!" moments!!

19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

20. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

HeHe, just as well it was before my time. Even Big Ron wouldn't have been able to hold me back! Mind you I'd have walked off as soon as there were no chairs!

That reminded me of both my best and worst moments. With Harlow and at the same. I was asked if I would help them out on Horn for a Christmas concert type thingy in the Harvey Centre. So I duly turn up and play quite happily, then the Conductor announced the next piece, (which I'd never heard of) and asked me if I wanted to stand out the front to play it! It was a Horn Solo!! :eek: Still it went OK and everyone seemed quite pleased. So Best and Worst at the same time. :cool:

21. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Playing a concert that was being recorded for Radio Wales with Point of Ayr Band and a top Male Voice Choir all squeezed onto a small tiered stage. Came to my Tuba Solo and band started playing. I pull the bass up into position, take a nice deep well timed breath ready for the first entry and crack my head on the corner of the piano right behind my right shoulder and miss the entry altogether.

Never got to hear the broadcast as the Beeb forgot to warn us when it was going out, but must have sounded a bit odd !!

22. rutty

rutty Active Member

Best: winning the Fourth Section area while I was principle a few years ago.

Worst: Finding that someone had moved Belvoir Castle from the one end of the A52 to the other meaning I missed the entertainments contest that year. :oops: