Best Wishes to all at Hadleigh

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

May I be the first to wish all the tMP Members attending Hadleigh on Saturday my very best wishes for the concert.

Unfortunately I am unable to attend due to a prior engagement, but would have really loved to be sharing the stage with you all.

Good luck to all the players, soloists and particularly John who will be 'wagging' for the evening.

Also, a big thank you to Peter Bale and everyone at Hadleigh for their help in organising this event.

Have a good 'un,

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Here here! :clap:

Hope it goes well guys n girls! :biggrin:
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Best wishes here, I'd love to be playing, but alas can't! :)

Have a pint for me :D
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'd just like to echo Roger's message, so here goes:

Seriously - all the best tMPers - show em what we can do - and that we're not only the place for brass discussion, but that there's a damn good band or two within our ranks as well. But don't forget to leave some spare time to talk about Glastonbury, Beatles albums and 'roughage' ;)
  5. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Ditto to all the above, sorry I can't be with you (bloomin band engagements :mad: :biggrin: )
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for your wishes - and hope your concert with Grimethorpe goes well too, Roger ;)

We're looking forward to a good evening - we've done a fair bit of publicity, all we now need is for the audience to turn up.

I also heard on Sunday that Elise, the girl we've been praying for over the past months, is hoping to be there with some of her family, so we have another reason to celebrate!
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

WOW Peter - that is fantastic news indeed. Please would you introduce me to her family sometime during the evening.
  8. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Good luck with it all....wag well John as you always do :wink:
    I too can't be there because I have to go and eat food at a buffet after a concert, but hope it all goes well.
    See some of you in a couple of weeks, some in one more than that and some in about 3 more than that (Whit fridays!)
  9. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks a lot Roger. Hope your "do" goes well. Just to cheer you up, Hathern are running out Zulu on Friday night. :biggrin:

Peter, great news. I hope Elise enjoys her evening. Does she have a fave piece we can play as a tribute for her?

Will do, one pint of coke going down. :guiness
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  10. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Best wishes to all at Hadleigh from the conductor of the very first (and never asked back!) tMP Band - Whit Friday 2003. Hope it is a storming success as always.

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Good luck all, wish I could have been there, but other commitments meant I couldn't. Will try my best to be there next year tho!!

Hope all goes well, and that is fantastic news about Elise!!
  12. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

All the best to all attending the concert, I'm sure it will be a success.
  13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

It's not too late if anyone is feeling guilty...;) but thanks for all of your well wishes. Keep a look out for the write-up and photos of the concert.:biggrin:
  14. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I thought it was funny tonight when I logged into tmp that it was quiet and then realised........they're at Hadleigh!!!!

Hope the concert was a great success and there were plenty of interesting conversations going on roughage and discussing which animal you would like to be!

I look forward to reading the report and seeing the photos!
  15. repiano

repiano New Member

Congratulations to all who took part in the Hadleigh concert.

I'm not usually a good listener to concerts; I prefer to perform!! Poser? ;) (not really). But this was a great concert to attend. As I left Hadleigh Temple I was amazed at what had been achieved with a group of people that have never met before, let alone played together and then with just 1 rehearsal!

Having got home and read the thread and seen how far many people had travelled (I hear Peter spent all of 20 minutes on a number 2 bus :) ) I was more impressed. It was all to help The Salvation Army. The commitment was high all round and shows the best in brass banding. Well done to all.

Enough of the sycophancy. It would have been better if I had offered to play :D :D :D :D

16. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I must admit, it took me a while to twig why it was quiet today,... thought at first it was cos everyone was watching the Royal Wedding, and then thought, ah yea, it's the tmp concert.... :lol:

Hope it went well! :) sounds like it did! :biggrin:
  17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Just to let you know the evening went very well, with favourable comments from many of the 120 or so in the audience, including several who would not claim to be particularly band afficionados. The programme played was as follows:

Knight Templar (George Allen)
    Battle Hymn of the Republic (arr Broadbent)
    Fanfare (written by Will the Sec and played by tMP's own 6-strong fanfare team ;) )
    Lark in the Clear Air (arr Langford) - Soloist Vicki Reynolds
    Suite Gothique (Boellmann arr Ball)
    Do-Re-Mi (Rodgers arr Thorne)
    Sugar Blues (arr Morrison) - Soloist Stephen Clapton
    Deep Harmony (arr Thorne)
    The MouthPiece (Darrol Barry) - World Premiere

And the Band played on (arr Richards)
    Amazing Grace (arr Himes)
    Bass in the Ballroom (Roy Newsome) - Soloist Pat Herak
    Pastorale (Goff Richards)
    Midnight Euphonium (Goff Richards) - Soloist Kevin Short
    Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral (Wagner arr Himes)
    Adventures in Brass ( Ray Farr)
    I'll walk with God

Many thanks to everyone who took part, and in particular to theMusicMan John Burns for conducting on the day, and to Anthony Sommerville for stepping in at the last minute to fill a euph vacancy.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  18. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Hey guys and girls,

Sorry I missed the concert. As it turns out, its very hard and mucho expensivo to catch a plane from whem I am on this side of the pond to your side. I do hope all was a COMPLETE success, and there was minimal mispitching!!!

Should someone decide it would be worthwhile to tour down under, rest assured. I'll be in the front row passing out Bundy Rum to all those wworking up a sweat!!!
  19. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

It looks like it was a great concert. I hope you all had a great time and a big well done to the organisers!
  20. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Sounds like it was a great evening - well done everyone! Just wish I could have been there too... :(