Best thing thats happened to you in 2006?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Dec 20, 2006.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Well the "worst thing to happen" thread was just getting a bit to depressing for me really considdering this time of year so can we have a happy thread please?!

Coming second at the areas has to be a highlight!
    June was my best month at uni by far, but i suppose freshers fortnight came pretty close,
    And recently, meeting and playing for "The Emley"! despite constant persecution for being "southern" they are a great bunch of people and have made me feel really welcome. Cheers guys! :)
  2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I've had lots and lots of good things this year!

Firstly South Molton got promoted to the 2nd Section after coming 4th at the area, then we won Weston Contest which was AMAZING! If you saw me during/after results you would remember me bouncing and screaming a lot!

Secondly I started Uni... this hasn't just been the best thing this year... its been my best thing EVER!! Uni is the best thing in the world! I've loved almost every minute of it! My highlight so far has to be teaching my first ever music lesson and teaching an extremely extended literacy hour! I love it! Also love living in my house.... even though I can't stand some of my housemates... the others make it bareable and we have such a laugh! You can't get much better than being up til 5.30am for no reason, running round the house and singing along to music from the musicals!
  3. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Aww knew you'd enjoy it fi! :) Exmouth is great! Uni is definately one of the best life experiences i've had. don't regret any of it for a moment so far, even the bad bits!
  4. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Ooooh I dunno..

Something crazy happens everyday in Vicki Land.

Band wise, all of it has been pretty funky really!:biggrin: thats been the bestest part of the year..

But apart from banding.. Most of the best things all happened last year! Lol!

Today was pretty funny though! It was meant to be fancy dress in 6th form today, but not many people knew about it. So I turned up all crazily dressed and everyone else was wearing a santa hat... IF THAT! HAHA! Gosh I felt out of place but it was so fun! :biggrin::biggrin:

My friend faling over with chicken soup in her hand, actually was one of the funniest things in the world.. she got it all over her! Abosolutely HILARIOUS.. so funny, three of us made up a song about it, HAHA which is now working its way around the school! :clap::biggrin:

And many more random/crazy things...
  5. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Yep even the bad bits (so far) make me laugh now! Its great fun! I can't believe how much I've learnt in 3 months! and I can't believe how much fun i've had! 5ft penguins, pink christmas trees, phantom middle of the night doorbell ringers, sluggies and almost dying in Kiki's car, to name but a few of the mad things that have happened so far! Roll on the next 3 and a bit years!
  6. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

For me it's got to be getting off the BBb bass and back on Cornet - BBb bassists who say they enjoy the instrument are either mad or liars;)
  7. Rach_Horn

Rach_Horn Member

There have been a couple of things for me that have made this year great:

*Passing my first year at Uni with a really good percentage made me feel positive about getting the degree i want at the end of it.
    *Joining YBS and all the great things that have come from doing that :D
  8. Veri

Veri Member

Bad things can happen but good things can happen too:

I think the absolute best thing that's happened to me in 2006 is that I started playing my euph again in January after nearly 4 years break, and all of the fun things that it has led to:
    - playing at a contest again (let's not mention coming 19th!)
    - depping with a random assortment of bands/groups
    - the ODBBA "festive" parade

Oh, and seeing Black Dyke TWICE - in February and September at the Symphony Hall.

But also, getting an exciting parttime job in the rare books department to do alongside my college course
    Getting a car!
    Learning how to make gingerbread

Probably loads more things which I can't think of first thing in the morning....!
  9. rutty

rutty Active Member

There have been lots of good things happen to me this year, but the best (assuming it comes through before Christmas) will be my imminent Decree Absolute!

Hurrah! :cool:
  10. The best thing that happened to me this year was getting together with my boyfriend on the 1st November - he's so lovely!!!!
  11. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

For me it has to be buying and moving into my first home. I thought joining Leicester co-op was the best thing that had happened but to come 4th at the Finals and be given a chance at the rep seat is even better. My new job teaching English and .... the list is endless, my best year ever!!!
  12. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Getting through my second year of uni and my first term in the third year without failing anything (more of an achievement than it sounds!), getting quite good marks and quite good reports about my teaching ability...

Generally a good year academically and socially - just not finacially!!
  13. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Joining the Army to become a professional musician.

Also, Wrexham F.C. finally coming out of administration was brilliant.
  14. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

I received a large tax rebate from the inland revenue.... which was nice....
  15. sheilawinter

sheilawinter Member

best thing to happen to me

The best thing i ever did this year was to leave my husband
    i have had a lot of good things happen for me this year.

Since leaving my husband the best thing was meeting my new boyfriend after knowing him for 32yrs we decided to ask each other out it is fantastic :clap: :D :oops: :biggrin:

My friend asked me to go out on her band social night to play and pool darts and have loads of fun that i hadnt had in ages
    so i decided to go unbeknown to me Ian was there and we couldnt take our eyes off each other
    Eventually i plucked up the courage and asked him to go out with me
    and to my delight he said hed love to :clap: :biggrin:
    now weve been together for 8 weeks and its absoloutley fantastic:clap: :biggrin:

I have also changed bands and that is great
    i was with my last band for 9 yrs
    and thought it was time for change
  16. jamieow

jamieow Member

Well done Gaz lad!!

Yup, agreed on the Wrexham administration thing.
    Finally eh!

Give me a bell over the wkend so we can arrange this night out in Wrexham (I'll get in touch with Danny Speed, Rich Evans etc too)

Buying, reonovating and moving into my house with my girlfriend, Sarah is this years best bit at the mo (even though I've spent far too much money on it)!!!!!
    worth it though!!!
  17. T Winch

T Winch Member

The birth of my daughter Rachael in July
  18. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

In no particular order...

Getting a 2:1 in Music from Cardiff Uni was definitely up there with the higlights of my year, if not my life so far!

Sorry have to be a bit girly here...meeting my wonderful boyfriend. It's going great so far so just hope it carries on!

The Llanelli Scarlets are having an absolutely fantastic season so far - 2nd in the Magners League with 2 games in hand and already more or less through to the Heineken Cup quarter finals. So hope that carries on too.
  19. persins

persins Member

Meeting my girlfriend!
    Buying my house (although not completed yet but surely it counts!)
    Meeting my girlfriend.

Did I mention my girlfriend?!
  20. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Yes and its me who is her new boyfriend.
    What Sheila as said above is true and
    I LOVE HER SO MUCH:clap: :biggrin:
    She is a really wonderful Girl who i think so much of and always have done and im so pleased she as joined Gresley Colliery Band as our New Principal Cornet.
    We just get on so well and think so much of each other.
    She as brought my ending of the year to a great close for me in 2006 as,it as not been a very easy year for myself.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2006